Blackvue cme100/WiFi issue

nitestar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I have always had an issue with my dr900x plus switching from my homes Wi-Fi connection over to my t-mobile connection using the come-100 lte. No amount of newer firmware updates have ever fixed the issue. While it’s not the biggest problem for me to just keep it on my t-mobile connection 100% or the time and never use my homes WiFi, it would be nice for it to seamlessly auto connect back and forth between the two since I only have the $10 a month plan for the camera with T-Mobile.

So for the most part the problem goes as follows. Whether I connect the dashcam to my home Wi-Fi while at home and it sees it or when I manually add it while out, the camera will connect to it the first time. Then when I leave the house, it disconnects and 99% of the time it never connects to the cme100. There has been the 1% of the time for some reason it will, but as soon as I get back home and it reconnects to the home Wi-Fi and eventually leave again, it goes back to the 99% of the time of not connecting to the T-Mobile. I can do the whole day at work and it’ll never connect to the T-Mobile unless I reboot the camera. So in the end, I just don’t use the Wi-Fi connection and leave it on the cme100.

Anyone have any thoughts on what could be going on and what could fix this?

Sounds like an issue for Black View tech support. Have you contacted them?

Hey everyone. I have always had an issue with my dr900x plus switching from my homes Wi-Fi connection over to my t-mobile connection using the come-100 lte. No amount of newer firmware updates have ever fixed the issue. While it’s not the biggest problem for me to just keep it on my t-mobile connection 100% or the time and never use my homes WiFi, it would be nice for it to seamlessly auto connect back and forth between the two since I only have the $10 a month plan for the camera with T-Mobile.

So for the most part the problem goes as follows. Whether I connect the dashcam to my home Wi-Fi while at home and it sees it or when I manually add it while out, the camera will connect to it the first time. Then when I leave the house, it disconnects and 99% of the time it never connects to the cme100. There has been the 1% of the time for some reason it will, but as soon as I get back home and it reconnects to the home Wi-Fi and eventually leave again, it goes back to the 99% of the time of not connecting to the T-Mobile. I can do the whole day at work and it’ll never connect to the T-Mobile unless I reboot the camera. So in the end, I just don’t use the Wi-Fi connection and leave it on the cme100.

Anyone have any thoughts on what could be going on and what could fix this?
The previous versions of the app used to have 3 x network profiles. Now, the app only seems to support 1 persistent profile.

Unless I am missing something?

Back