BlackVue DR 430

Geodasher

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR430
hope someone can help us PLEASE!!!! we are total newbies to dash cams
We have a Blackvue DR430 .. works great with the card that came with it -- blackvue 16gb
we bought a Lexar 300x - 64 gb at the same time from Best Buy ....that freezes , skips , goes blank and blurs ...
Lexar chat told me that its not fast enough for the dash cam... I give up can anyone PLEASE recommend a card that works .. preferably a 128 gb ...

Thank You

Lexar 300X should be fine.

Have you formatted the card in the camera first ?

yes we formatted the card ... keep in mind Lexar says its to slow for a dash cam ... i have a feeling in m=need a 633 vs 600

300x cards are fast enough, Blackvue data rate is quite low, more likely it's just a card that the camera doesn't work well with

so you think its the card that might not be ok ... any recommendations as to what card i should buy???

Yeah i have used a 300X with no problem, worked fine until the card like so many other cards/brands went into read only mode.

But it could be a incompatibility issue with that camera brand/model and the X300.

In general a dashcam write 3-4 MB every second at most, meaning even pretty old SD cards should be usable too, i have at times used old 4 Gb cards to update firmware on dashcams.

A 600 - 633X card will have write speeds around 30 MB every second, making it plenty fast for any of the current dashcams on the marked.

Of course a fast card is more enjoyable to work with on the computer if you are moving a lot of files of it at once, but if you only grab 1 or 2 files now and then for youtube uploads like i do then the really fast read speeds dont matter much in the big picture.

Then again - again, there is little to be saved buying a slower card, unless of course you are buying the really fast class 10 - U3 cards that have write/read speeds over 80 MB/second.
But U3 cards are wayyy overkill for all dashcams, even dual camera systems where 2 cameras are saving files on the one memory card.

Too bad you are not near me, cuz i have a slew of cards we could try out in that camera to see what it like and dont like.

If i was you i would try to borrow just about any SD card to make sure it is not the camera before you go invest in a new memory card, even small old class 6 SDHC cards should be able to work with the camera of yours.
But for shopping you will of course have to look for more recent class 10 - U1 SDXC or SDHC cards.
Buy in a local store or fulfilled by amazon, i had amazon cards fail me and they almost have a new card in my hands before i have been able to ship out the broken one at their expense.

Your local Canadian warranties might be even better than the default 1 year global, we Danes / EU boys enjoy 2 year warranties on most things.

Myself i have good experience with Lexar - Toshiba - trancend - kingston - PNY.

I have had a lot of kingston cards fail me too, but it take me 3 minutes to do a online RMA and 5 minutes at the most at the shop waiting to get a new one, i think its just a matter of numbers cuz i had just about all other brands fail me too at one time.

Only sandisk is in general warned against for dashcam use.

Last edited:
Back