BlackVue DR500GW-HD firmware v1.008 (En, Rus,..)

defbear said:
I've updated to 1.008. The date on my videos shows 7-25. Both for today 8-1 and yesterday 7-31. I've chosen Los angeles pacific time zone but the time is off 3 hours 15 minutes. Meaning it shows 5:45 when it's 9. GPS is turned on. The firmware is not catching the date and time off either the win7 computer nor the GPS. I also updated the firmware via wifi and an iPad. Any ideas? I had no issues with 1.005.

I am also having this problem. How to resolve this?

Delete all the contents in the record folder or format the SD card to let the camera reset the GPS data.

Hillbilly said:
clanlessaa said:
Hello, new member here.

I just happened to search and saw the new fw posted. I've had the DR500GW for about a month now. Works OK, but wasn't quite happy with the picture quality. So I was glad to read about the updated FW. The download and install went great but now I have an issue.

For some reason, I can not view the video with the new version of Blackvue on my computer. I get audio. If I click on the screen, I'll get a quick flash of an image. I believe it's part of the video. Hard to tell for sure.

I can view the video file separately without issue through the file folder. I also loaded up the old version of Blackvue 2.032(??) and tested the video. It video screen works fine but I run into issues with the rest of the options.

What's the deal?

I have Win7. I tried running it in different compatibility options. I do get a prompt message from Win7 when Blackvue 2.035(??) loads up but I accidently clicked the do not show again. Now I can't seem to get it to pop up.

The new viewer has a problem if Windows 7 is running a screen theme other than basic However it should just alter it to show as basic and revert back to your theme when exiting. Thats what mine does as posted earlier in one of the 1.008 threads. This one First reply viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2067

You could try viewer vers 2.033 from here https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B3Cr ... kRfMDlKek0 as 2.032 has a Google map certificate problem

Make sure you have the path correct in the little window above where the files are Like K:Blackvue/record............ If you are loading the viewer from the SD card the path should be correct anyway.

Not being smart but you have clicked on the Windows viewer and not the MAc one Has happened

I do see my screen flash to a slightly different theme I guess when I load up Blackvue 2.035. The desktop does go back to normal when I close the program. The path appears to be correct. And I'm positive it's not a MAC viewer because of the version # in the info.

I don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
clanlessaa said:
Hillbilly said:
clanlessaa said:
Hello, new member here.

I just happened to search and saw the new fw posted. I've had the DR500GW for about a month now. Works OK, but wasn't quite happy with the picture quality. So I was glad to read about the updated FW. The download and install went great but now I have an issue.

For some reason, I can not view the video with the new version of Blackvue on my computer. I get audio. If I click on the screen, I'll get a quick flash of an image. I believe it's part of the video. Hard to tell for sure.

I can view the video file separately without issue through the file folder. I also loaded up the old version of Blackvue 2.032(??) and tested the video. It video screen works fine but I run into issues with the rest of the options.

What's the deal?

I have Win7. I tried running it in different compatibility options. I do get a prompt message from Win7 when Blackvue 2.035(??) loads up but I accidently clicked the do not show again. Now I can't seem to get it to pop up.

The new viewer has a problem if Windows 7 is running a screen theme other than basic However it should just alter it to show as basic and revert back to your theme when exiting. Thats what mine does as posted earlier in one of the 1.008 threads. This one First reply viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2067

You could try viewer vers 2.033 from here https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B3Cr ... kRfMDlKek0 as 2.032 has a Google map certificate problem

Make sure you have the path correct in the little window above where the files are Like K:Blackvue/record............ If you are loading the viewer from the SD card the path should be correct anyway.

Not being smart but you have clicked on the Windows viewer and not the MAc one Has happened

I do see my screen flash to a slightly different theme I guess when I load up Blackvue 2.035. The desktop does go back to normal when I close the program. The path appears to be correct. And I'm positive it's not a MAC viewer because of the version # in the info.

I don't get it.
Try the 2.033 I have posted the link to and see what happens. Despite the theme problem mine works fine. More of a windows problem than a Viewer problem I think I have two Sd cards with video from the camera on them and can switch between the two of them no trouble at all.

So I tried 2.033. It shows video in the player now. I can also check the settings and such. Obviously there is some sort of compatibility issue with 2.035 and Win7. I don't have a dual setup, so I guess I don't really "need" to use 2.035.

Thanks

clanlessaa said:
So I tried 2.033. It shows video in the player now. I can also check the settings and such. Obviously there is some sort of compatibility issue with 2.035 and Win7. I don't have a dual setup, so I guess I don't really "need" to use 2.035.

Thanks
Maybe with yours but mine is Ok but as you say there is not a lot of difference except it allows you to set it at a higher quality as it has 4 settings for that.
One of which is higher than previous versions. Does make a difference in video quality.

Will upload a copy of the 2.035 viewer to see if it helps. Might not but is from a different location so might be slightly different ???

Just install it on the computer from the file

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Full copy of 1.008 firmware here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3CrNKR ... JycWM/edit

cisf0rcalvin said:
Delete all the contents in the record folder or format the SD card to let the camera reset the GPS data.
Tried both ways. The camera always resets to 7-25-13 10:15. It only takes a minute to catch the GPS signal. The camera date and time are not being reset via GPS. Config file has 178 for the location. That's Tijuana / Pacific. Tried SF, Denver, Antarctica. Nope the date is 7-25 time is 10:15.
I tried to do a fresh install of 1.005 on a formatted sd card. The Blackvue says Error 1 Version is incorrect! over and over until you pull power. The install log says Downgrade is Impossible. There does not seem to be a way back to 1.005.

Hey Blackvue, a dashcam without accurate date and time is USELESS.

I have decades of computer work experience. In my opinion this UPGRADE TO 1.008 IS A COMPLETE FAILURE. And that is besides other video and focus issues. I had a nicely working camera on 1.005 to an inferior mess that can't. Set the date and time. I upgraded from the original 1.005 English Firmware that came installed from the factory. I downloaded 1.008 directly from the Blackvue English website.
BLACKVUE NEEDS TO WORK ON A PATCH IMMEDIATELY.

Frankly I am Royally Pissed Off! I've PM this message to user Blackvue. So it isn't so private. There is more than one thread about time and date issues.

Blackvue
Please have a look at the Blackvue 1.008 upgrade thread. I upgraded my Blackvue DR500GW-HD from original factory install 1.005 to 1.008. I downloaded 1.008 from the Blackvue English website. The camera now displays the date of 7-25-13 and time resets to 10:15. The Dr500GW-HD is now useless as a dashcam black box. 1.008 has destroyed other cameras as well. GPS syncs within two minutes. The date remains on 7-25.
I am very very concerned about this issue. Please Reply!

defbear said:
Frankly I am Royally Pissed Off! I've PM this message to user Blackvue. So it isn't so private. There is more than one thread about time and date issues.

Blackvue
Please have a look at the Blackvue 1.008 upgrade thread. I upgraded my Blackvue DR500GW-HD from original factory install 1.005 to 1.008. I downloaded 1.008 from the Blackvue English website. The camera now displays the date of 7-25-13 and time resets to 10:15. The Dr500GW-HD is now useless as a dashcam black box. 1.008 has destroyed other cameras as well. GPS syncs within two minutes. The date remains on 7-25.

it's quite possible they weren't aware, try as you might errors in programming can happen and can impact users but not have shown up in testing, making them aware is certainly the best starting point

defbear said:

Blackvue

Perhaps its not the software as some of us have not problems with it at all. If you read some of the threads about SD card problems you may find the solution.
It seems people are having trouble with some cards and not others.
Im surprised with your apparent expertise you have not logically eliminated each section to find a solution.
Try a different Sd card or do a Format with Erase using the Sd format program.
It seems to be those on Pacific time that are having probs as those of us in Australia are not.

Set your time zone to Australia Brisbane it comes out as number 284 in the config file first line. At present the time in Brisbane is 303 pm Sunday and in LA is 1003pm Saturday night so you should be able to work it out

Also its the weekend so maybe Blackvue only work Mon-Fri

Hillbilly said:
It seems to be those on Pacific time that are having probs as those of us in Australia are not.

Set your time zone to Australia Brisbane it comes out as number 284 in the config file first line. At present the time in Brisbane is 303 pm Sunday and in LA is 1003pm Saturday night so you should be able to work it out

yeah this is a sensible test, I've seen a similar issue previously on another product that impacted some areas and not others and it was a mistake in the firmware that put the tmezones out but only in a couple of zones so most people were never impacted at all, I could easily see it being something similar happening here, good advice I'd say

I'm located in Washington state in the USA. My time and date has been correct with FW 1.005 and 1.008 so far.

Using a Sandisk Ultra 32GB Class 10. Before I upgraded to 1.008, I used the SDFormatter on the mSD. In the settings under "Time Zone", I'm using "America/Los_Angeles Pacific Time".

I do remember when I first got my DR500, I was testing it in the house. I couldn't get an accurate date or time, even messing with the "Time Zone" option. I tried for about an hr trying to figure out what's wrong. Then it was suggested I take it outside because the GPS is suppose to set it. Then why bother having a Time Zone option? Anyways, after a couple of minutes, the unit locked on. I checked the videos and saw everything was correct. :geek:

Gps sets utc time. The timezone option you have to set is the offset to utc.

tonymy01 said:
Gps sets utc time. The timezone option you have to set is the offset to utc.

It's possible to do time and offset via GPS (we added this function in our last update), it's a lot more involved though, maybe something they'll add in a future update

clanlessaa said:
I'm located in Washington state in the USA. My time and date has been correct with FW 1.005 and 1.008 so far.

Using a Sandisk Ultra 32GB Class 10. Before I upgraded to 1.008, I used the SDFormatter on the mSD. In the settings under "Time Zone", I'm using "America/Los_Angeles Pacific Time".

I do remember when I first got my DR500, I was testing it in the house. I couldn't get an accurate date or time, even messing with the "Time Zone" option. I tried for about an hr trying to figure out what's wrong. Then it was suggested I take it outside because the GPS is suppose to set it. Then why bother having a Time Zone option? Anyways, after a couple of minutes, the unit locked on. I checked the videos and saw everything was correct. :geek:

It sets the time according to the timezone set in the camera When I went to USA from Australia I forgot to change the time zone and it still showed Aussie time and date as thats what the camera was set to.

When I came home I did the same ( am a slow learner) lol and the time was still on USA time. The time is set as an offset from GMT or UTC as said in prev post.

So if the time zone is wrong in the software the satellite wont fix it It will give you the correct latitude and longitude but the wrong time.

From what has been posted by West Coast US posters it maybe that their timezone is incorrect in the software.

Mio may know how to look and see

You guys can try formatting the card with the camera. That's what I did on 1.005 to get the timezone to work. Reinstalling the firmware didn't help.

TRY THIS

GO into your config file and if you are using LOS ANGELES in PACIFIC TIME in the USA CHANGE the 126 in the first line to 162 and see what happens

Looking through the cities in different time zones they are sort of consecutively numbered from North to South in each time zone.

126 is actually between two cities in the MOUNTAIN time zone The PACIFC cities start in the 160 up numbers so could just be a typo

I have checked 1.007 and 1.008 versions of the firmware and they are identical so try it and post what happens

Might be away off base but worth a try as the time seemed to be off by one zone Otherwise put it on another city in the Pacific Zone

Failing that it would need someone familiar with the program itself to look deeper

I'm in Orange County, CA. Using Pacific / Los Angeles time zone and not having any issues with the clock.

I was meeting with someone at 5PM. Screen grab below shows 4:53 PM. Just in time.

2qicv0i.png

vbx said:
I'm in Orange County, CA. Using Pacific / Los Angeles time zone and not having any issues with the clock.

Yeah I reckon its dicky cards that are the trouble or people not formatting them correctly. Just trying to help find some sort of solution

Hillbilly said:
vbx said:

Yeah I reckon its dicky cards that are the trouble or people not formatting them correctly. Just trying to help find some sort of solution

I didn't format the card either. lol. The firmware I downloaded did everything. I still have my old recorded videos from a week or so back. The firmware only removed the old firmware and installed the new firmware. Left all the videos intact.

Back