BlackVue DR500GW-HD firmware v1.008 (En, Rus,..)

BlackVue

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
**From now on we will be posting firmware updates for all languages at BlackVue website. Sorry, that update process used to be frustrating before**

Highlights:
- BlackVue Viewer for Windows v2.035
- BlackVue Viewer for Mac v1.010
- New video qulity options:
High (bit rate 10 Mb/s)
Normal (bit rate 7.5 Mb/s)
Low (bit rate 5 Mb/s)
Normal (low-end compatible; bit rate 7.5 Mb/s)
- Turned off GPS in Parking mode (permanently)
- Improved Wi-Fi stability
- Adjusted microphone volume
- Other bugfixes and stability improvements

Important:
If after update to 1.008 you cannot set correct time and date, then format SD card with the SD Formatter using FULL FORMAT ERASE option. It might take several hours.
Quick Format might not solve the issue.

Download links:
Download English firmware

Download Chinese firmware

Download German firmware

Download Japanese firmware

Download Russian firmware

Download Spanish firmware

Download Taiwanese firmware

Let us know what you think. We appreciate your feedback.

BlackVue said:
Let us know what you think. We appreciate your feedback

I think this is a huge step in the right direction, glad you guys have finally seen the light, I'm sure a lot of your customers will be pleased to see this happening (finally)

A german firmware too! Wonders are never cease! ;-)
Bravo, bravo!

Nicely done and like jokiin said, A big step forward in the right direction :D

Now all you need to do is bring out a model of the DR500 with a narrower field in the lens and slightly better quality so as the magnifier will actually work.

ATM all it shows are blurred pixels because the original clip is not good enough quality to enlarge and read it.

Yes! Thank you so much! I recently bought one of these and was worried about future firmware updates for this product. This is a good step in the right direction

A lot of folks must be downloading the eng. version cause it's taking forever.

Still now options for MacOS users? :cry:

macs are not worth anything, I hate them, useless, not worth spending anything on. get a PC.

The new version viewer is still giving me compatibility issues with the Theme on my Windoze 7 It makes it revert to the Basic colors. None of the older versions did this ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

There doesn't seem to be an option to disable GPS for parking mode? Buy it is disabled in parking mode recordings, so I guess the release notes should not say "option" (it isn't presented in gui anyway).

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

maybe its in config.ini like the custom firmware has options located.

Ok so have installed it in the camera

First attempt Formatted SD card using windoze formatter and installed firmware Updated camera but on restarting said No SD card Oh dear.

Second attempt Formatted SD card using SD Formatter and reinstalled firmware Updated camera and once again said No SD card Woops again.

Took Card out and put it back in and Away we go working OK

Will be doing a 50k trip in the morning so will post results in about 14 hours.

Didnt find where to turn GPS off in Park mode but as I dont use that on this camera it doesnt matter ATM.

All works fine for me,I didn't format card though(installer purged some files off the sd, everything worked sweet). Can't comment on image quality, looks fine for night recording, but I am upgrading from 1.007 which already gave higher bitrate option. Will see how it looks day time.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Glad to see Pittasoft posting firmware on their site. I'm sure the customers appreciate it.

Ok here are a couple of stills from this mornings run.

Overall impression Is clearer on highest rate Can read plates quite a bit better when image is paused and using the magnifier.

The lens is still too wide angle as when I was following a car about 3 lengths back from it , it appears to be about 50 metres away Not good Oh for a 400style lens

With the sun fully on the plates it is still hard to read them but I may need to turn the brightness down a bit as they are flaring out with the light on them.

You can judge how far away the ute was and can read the plate in the viewer using the magnifier OK and the other one was about 6 meters in front of me. The Rav4 beside me you can just make out the plate but is Ok in the original but as can be seen the sun on it makes it less readable

tonymy01 said:
There doesn't seem to be an option to disable GPS for parking mode? Buy it is disabled in parking mode recordings, so I guess the release notes should not say "option" (it isn't presented in gui anyway).

You're right, thanks for pointing this out. Fixed the release note.

that's a big improvement over how it was originally, not before time

would be good if they rethink the super wide angle lens idea for future models though

Back