Blackvue DR590W-2CH wont accept new memory card

AngryChimp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried to put a new memory card in my new camera however it keep saying "Please check SD card, restarting" in a loop. I have been to the blackvue website and followed the instructions by installing some 3rd party formatter which took about 40 minutes to fully format it then download the latest firmware from their website and added the folder to the memory card, however i still get the same issue. I am using a 64gb sandisk ultra microsdxc a1 which apparenrly is recommended for the camera but I'm haiving no joy. any ideas?

Welcome to DCT :) Blackvue is notorious for problems with non-Blackvue branded cards. Some folks have gotten other cards to work OK, others did that but had early card failures, and a few have bricked their cams playing around with unapproved cards. Look through the forums for your specific cam and see what other owners have experienced.

Phil

I use Samsung EVO cards in my DR590 non wifi and it's always worked fine for me. About 2 months ago I upgraded from a 128gig EVO and out a 200gig SanDisk XC1 A1 and it works fine. Formatted properly and it uses all 200gig. It has to be formatted in FAT

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back