Prozmonkey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR650GW-2CH
Hi Everyone
I'm new here so please be gentle lol

So I have the above camera installed professionally and its been working fine since it was installed in the summer in June or July.
The camera would record all night or all day and when I jumped into the car it would say "Parking Mode Disabled" etc. .... the Power Magic is set to 11.8V.
I could see it was still recording at least at home as I could see the led's from the window. Couldn't see it at work but would still be recording after a dayshift.
Nowadays I find it has died after a few hours judging by the last recorded video.
Now just recently I checked for firmware updates and saw version 2.0 was available .... I'm on 1.009 and was prior to the 2.0 update.
I duly updated to 2.0 and found the camera started misbehaving with stuttering video etc.
After some emails with Blackvue UK they suggested I return to V 1.009 as version 2.0 isn't ready to be released in the UK apparently.
So I successfully downgraded with Blackvue's instructions. But now I find its only lasting a few hours as said.
I have just read a post on here about the motion detection and I have now turned it off..... it was set to 85 which is really sensitive so could that have been what's causing it to die quickly. I admit I have no idea what it was set to before the update though.
I thought it was for sensing motion if someone or something hit it but now I know that's not really the case.
I have turned up the parking settings to 100 to sense the slightest impact.

So would motion detection kill the battery in a few hours or is it just a case of the colder weather affecting the battery as well or both ??
Car battery is fine and have no issues with it.... just kind of struggling to understand why its dying so quickly now.

Thanks for any replies
Cheers

Hi
Yes it shuts down altogether. It used to last overnight. Don't know why it's not staying on anymore. Shuts down after a few hours now.

Hi
Yes it shuts down altogether. It used to last overnight. Don't know why it's not staying on anymore. Shuts down after a few hours now.
when the voltage gets low it turns off, that's the intention, that will happen sooner in winter than it will in summer

Ok thanks.
I thought the colder temps could be affecting the battery.
Thanks

yeah it's normal, the camera shutting off means you can still start your car in the morning

If.. the green light on you PMP is off after a few hours it means that the PMP is shutting down the camera. If the light is still on but your camera is off you have another problem.

Back