BlackVue Firmware Updates - 08-Apr-2022

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Thinkware, VIOFO, Vantrue, Blueskysea, FineVu
Pittasoft released three firmware updates on 06-Apr-2022 to add support for their Driver Monitoring System (DMS) device.

The three dash cam models are:

DR750X-2CH LTE Plus
DR900X Plus (1CH/2CH)
DR750X Plus (1CH/2CH)

It appears a bug was present in those firmware releases related to the proximity sensor.

On 08-Apr-2022, a new set of firmware updates were released for those dash cams to resolve the proximity sensor bug.

WHAT’S NEW:​

Fixed an issue where the proximity sensor on the side of the camera would trigger by itself upon powering up.

Firmware Download Links - BlackVue Website:

BlackVue DR750X-2CH LTE Plus (v.1.004_2022.04.08)
BlackVue DR900X Plus (1CH/2CH) (v.1.007_2022.04.08)
BlackVue DR750X Plus (1CH/2CH) (v.1.009_2022.04.08)

Does the Firmware upgrade only impact the driver monitoring system, or are there other things the "new upgrade" affects?

I'm still on 1.002 on the DR750X-2ch LTE Plus. Might just hold off fw upgrades until 1.004.

Although I can see where a fleet manager or parents of a new driver might be interested in monitoring a driver, I personally would never use that feature.

Thanks for the info and FW links @rcg530.

It appears a bug was present in those firmware releases related to the proximity sensor.
On the one hand, they fixed the bug relatively quickly.

On the other hand, that bug should not have slipped through. I cannot believe they did not pick up that bug before the April 6th release. Same old same old from their software developers.

On the one hand, they fixed the bug relatively quickly.

On the other hand, that bug should not have slipped through. I cannot believe they did not pick up that bug before the April 6th release. Same old same old from their software developers.
Compared to what manufacturers like Viofo routinely do, Blackvue/Pittasoft comes off like a champion.

I don't believe Blackvue comes anywhere close to what Viofo has done with/for their customers in terms of firmware "upgrades".

Correct me if I'm wrong @rcg530.

Does the Firmware upgrade only impact the driver monitoring system, or are there other things the "new upgrade" affects?
In theory, the 06-Apr-2022 and 08-Apr-2022 firmware upgrades for those three devices should only "add" the full DMS support.

It looks like the recently announced DMS products are now based on using the front camera from each of those three BlackVue dash cam models and then the DMS device itself is the 2-channel interior camera along with providing the DMS feature set.

BlackVue DMS Dashcams

Here are a couple of screen shots from the DR900X Plus with the v1.007 firmware. You can see the "DMS" entry in the list of settings in the first screenshot and the items you can adjust in the DMS section in the second screenshot.

dr900xplus_fw_dms_01.png dr900xplus_fw_dms_02.png

Compared to what manufacturers like Viofo routinely do, Blackvue/Pittasoft comes off like a champion.

I don't believe Blackvue comes anywhere close to what Viofo has done with/for their customers in terms of firmware "upgrades".

Pittasoft tends to only "add" new feature(s) to their firmware releases. I am getting a bit frustrated with the their slowness in addressing the issues/bugs I've reported to them ("DR750X Plus series initial normal mode using incorrect G-Sensor settings" and "X Plus series underexposed rear camera video").

I know you want Blackvue to address the problems you have raised over the last 5-6 months. And I do as well. It shouldn't be that hard to reintroduce the exposure adjustment in their firmware on their rear dashcams like they used to have...

That being said, somehow my rear camera-dark-video issue seems to have somehow been resolved when they sent me replacement dashcams. And I'm still using FW 1.002 on DR750X-2ch LTE Plus.

Back