Updated BlackVue Windows/Mac Viewer - DR770X, DR970X, DR770X-2CH LTE and DR970X-2CH LTE Firmware Updates

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Thinkware, VIOFO, Vantrue, Blueskysea, FineVu
Pittasoft has released updated Windows and Mac BlackVue Viewer apps to be compatible with the new dash camera models.

Updated (first public release) firmware updates v1.004 are now available via the BlackVue iOS/Android app to update your dash camera and they are available for download via the BlackVue Downloads page.

BlackVue Windows/Mac Viewer App

1678404965888.png

Updated (first public release) firmware updates (v1.004):

1678405036632.png
1678405046526.png
1678405058118.png
1678405069728.png

Following the recent App update whereby it forces users to use the very latest version (installing an older version no longer works) I'm wary of updating anything now that isn't absolutely essential.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Following the recent App update whereby it forces users to use the very latest version (installing an older version no longer works) I'm wary of updating anything now that isn't absolutely essential.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
I understand your point of view based on the radical change made to the BlackVue iOS/Android app.

The firmware versions in this thread are the versions of firmware that should be pre-installed in the first publicly available units. The units sent out to reviewers are likely the only units that won't have the first publicly available firmware versions pre-installed. My DR970X-2CH arrived with v1.001 firmware and during my testing it was updated to v1.002. So, my DR970X needed to be updated to have the same firmware the publicly available units will have.

The update to the BlackVue Windows/Mac Viewer apps are necessary to account for any/all differences in the firmware settings for the new models. That app can view/set firmware settings in addition to viewing the video files on the microSD card.

Back