BlackVue PC App

Dbart

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Is anyone using the Blackvue PC App or Viewer on a WinXP SP3 OS?
I sent this to support but no response yet.
I have tried running the viewer directly from SD Card which is version 2.42-HD-E
And also downloaded the latest and installed on my PC and end up with the same result on V2.44-HD-E
When I tried on a Windows 8 laptop I had no issue so I am guessing the problem is with Win XP Pro SP3.
I can play the mp4 files directly in Media Player, Quicktime, DivX and have installed a number of Codec packs including:
K-Lite codec Pack
X Codec Pack 2.7.4
Windows Essential Codec Pack.
Trying to take a screenshot is difficult as it doesn’t seem to render the video screen and I end up with a black screen but actually all I see is horizontal lines as if there was interference.
Ironically if I capture the image from within the app I get the actual footage as a picture for front and rear which I attached.
(Cameras were pointing to the garage ceiling during setup)

Attachments

• Blackvue Screen Shot.jpg
    Blackvue Screen Shot.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Blackvue ScreenShot.jpg
    Blackvue ScreenShot.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
More and more programs are dropping support for Windows XP I would recommend replacing the XP system as there are no more security updates.

Is anyone using the Blackvue PC App or Viewer on a WinXP SP3 OS?

I have an WinXP system set up for my grand kids to play computer games.. so just to see I installed the PC App with interesting results..
First.. yes the video plays but very jerky.. almost to the point of playing like a fast slide show. And.. as it happens each time I start my XP computer I am plagued with a request to update my video driver.. So.. thinking this may improve the playback did.. Not a good idea.. Now the video plays just as you describe in your post.. So.. did a revert to previous version.. and the video plays again.
For what it is worth this is a Gateway computer.. (old I know).. with GeForce GT 610 PCI video card. the driver after the restore was version 6.14.13.142 (most likely original) and the one that was installed with the update was 18.13.6143..
I did not play with the setting after the upgrade. perhaps something could have been switched to make it work..
And for what it is worth.. Windows XP is a fine operating system.. and there is no need to throw it out.. just to please the computer industry. Just so long as you have no need for yet another later version of some super must have program. True.. it is no longer being supported by MicroSoft.. but it works as well as it ever did.. and better than some later versions..

Back