BlackVue UK discontinuing Vodafone UK SIMs from 1st August 2024

That's as far as I can check without having it myself - sorry.

Other than these;
APN: **REMOVED AS DOESN'T WORK**
(See below posts for correct details)

Last edited:
If you can't get it working, I've got a spare Lebara SIM in child's phone, so I'll see if I can borrow it to test in the dashcam and let you know the working APN settings.
I'll also check EE settings too for anyone interested.

I've just tried my spare Lebara SIM card and managed to get it working fine.

The settings I used were;
APN: ciot.vodafone.com
Username: vodafone
Password: vodafone

(Make sure the SIM card is activated. I had taken mine out of a working mobile phone)

I've just tried my spare Lebara SIM card and managed to get it working fine.

(Make sure the SIM card is activated. I had taken mine out of a working mobile phone)
Yeah they the ones I tried first

I have also just tested a UK EE SIM card (already activated and working in a mobile phone)
APN: everywhere
Username: eesecure
Password: secure

Both the Lebara and EE phone SIM cards were able to connect to LTE/Cloud using my BlackVue.

If you're having problems, check that your SIM card is activated and in use (may be needed if you've not used it before). Put it in a mobile phone and test data connection works fine in the phone before using in the dashcam.

Done that already, I actually work for ee and I still can’t get it working lol

Done that already, I actually work for ee and I still can’t get it working lol
Try an EE SIM in it then, using the APN details I've listed above.
Those worked for me.
If you can get EE working, then it's an issue with your Lebara SIM

Have you definitely got a UK/Global LTE dashcam or module?

There are 3 types;
- USA
- Global
- Japan

They all run on different LTE frequencies and don't work in other regions, so if you've got a US LTE dashcam or CM100LTE module, it won't work in UK.

I just put the Vodafone sim in it and with no settings at all it’s working straight away

Have you definitely got a UK/Global LTE dashcam or module?

There are 3 types;
- USA
- Global
- Japan

They all run on different LTE frequencies and don't work in other regions, so if you've got a US LTE dashcam or CM100LTE module, it won't work in UK.
It’s uk and I had the V sim from Vodafone but it gets shut off in August so looking to replace it, looks like it’s going to be a headache

It’s uk and I had the V sim from Vodafone but it gets shut off in August so looking to replace it, looks like it’s going to be a headache
Mine is a UK one with Vodafone V-Sim, and tonight is the first time I've tried to use any other SIM cards.
I've used both Lebara and EE SIM cards taken from family members phones, and I was able to get both working without any issues.

When inserting a new SIM card, the camera needs to be powered off and back on.
It then gives audible notice to activate SIM card.
The Lebara one, I clicked on SEARCH, then scrolled right to the bottom of the list (alphabetical in country), then up a couple and selected Vodafone United Kingdom.
The pre-filled settings;

This worked fine, and the Cloud connected.

I then tried EE SIM card, and when searching, it only had the same results listed, so again I just selected Vodafone United Kingdom (near bottom of the list, but then I edited the APN details to;
APN: everywhere
Username: eesecure
Password: secure

And that worked fine too.

These things can be very fiddly sometimes, so don't give - just keep trying.

Last edited:
Yes, definitely works as described by @danlat1415, I've just bought a new 30gb Lebara sim as it will also be used as the in car WiFi hotspot as well.

Note, as mentioned by danlat, I activated in my phone first (just in case) and installed the sim. Must admit, it didn't work at first, but power down the dash cam, re-inserted the sim, then the dash cam says active the sim, then follow the same way as danlat explained, it's all working.

Back