BlackVue UK discontinuing Vodafone UK SIMs from 1st August 2024

They don't appear to be openly advertising that this SIM is no longer valid when buying a new CM100LTE with the bundled SIM, just emailing existing customers and removing wording on new products.

They have removed all written reference to the Vodafone V-SIM on their product pages, however they appear to have forgotten about the pictures of the product, which still shows the 40GB Vodafone V-SIM being included.

BlackVue UK - CM100LTE Product Page

Attachments

• CM100LTE-2.jpg
    CM100LTE-2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1
BlackVue UK are now using Smarty Data Only sims 2Gb for £5.00 a month. Fortunately I managed to get a Sim from Three for £7.20 a month with 80Gb. I managed to get the Blackvue DR970-2CH LTE (64Gb) for £552.00 on Amazon
Hi,

I’ve purchased a SIM from Three. I’ve placed in the camera, which has now been hardwired in.

I’ve tried to follow the prompts in the App. Firstly the ICCID first 6 digits differ from the SIM I have and when I press next, it says this is an incorrect Blackvue SIM, which I never had.

Please can you assist?

Last edited:
It's usually cheaper to buy dashcam's direct from BlackVue (not BlackVue UK or Amazon).

For example;
The newer DR970X Plus LTE 2CH 64GB model is 534.99 USD
10% off with code - LSEATER10
New total = 481.49 USD

That is converted to £375.88.

You'd pay 20% import VAT on that + £14 admin fee to DHL who deal with the import.
New total = £465.05
Including tax and delivery to the UK (usually within 3-5 days using their free standard delivery - no need for express delivery).

Last edited:
It's usually cheaper to buy dashcam's direct from BlackVue (not BlackVue UK or Amazon).

For example;
The newer DR970X Plus LTE 2CH 64GB model is 534.99 USD
10% off with code - LSEATER10
New total = 481.49 USD

That is converted to £375.88.

You'd pay 20% import VAT on that + £14 admin fee to DHL who deal with the import.
New total = £465.05
Including tax and delivery to the UK (usually within 3-5 days using their free standard delivery - no need for express delivery).
That’s fantastic. But I wonder who honours the warranty..UK or USA…then you have to pay to send it back.

Neither.
That's the US shop but it isn't located in US, it's in South Korea and they're all shipped direct from themselves there, even if you ordered in the US. They ship to most countries directly, and you get the latest products as soon as they're available.
They honour the warranty themselves. They arrange free postage back and forth, and in most cases replace new for old, so they just send you a new one as soon as yours arrives.

I use them directly myself and I have done for several years.
Their warranty is excellent, and as I said, they usually replace new for old (and you only need to send the cameras, not the mounts or cables) so you basically get extra free stuff when you get a replacement.

Also, you only pay import/customs charges on your initial purchase.
You don't pay any fees to return or use warranty service, it's all free. If they send a new replacement, they sent it as a 'sample' so there is no import charges.

Highly recommend.

It might be worth considering them for accessories…cheers

So have everyone's sims stopped working today yet?
Not had a chance to test mine yet.

So have everyone's sims stopped working today yet?
Not had a chance to test mine yet.
I'm not sure if they've been turned off.
I got a reminder email and swapped my SIM out yesterday and threw the Vodafone one in the bin.
They also didn't charge for the last 2 months, as you pay a month in advance, and they gave July free as a bonus.

I got Lebara - 5GB/month for now (30 day rolling contract).
Got it through U-Switch, but I used Quidco cashback site.

Got £11 cashback through Quidco for buying a SIM only deal.
U-Switch offered it for £1.48/month for 3 months, then £4.95/month after than.
So with the Quidco cashback too, it works out free for about 5 months.
As it's a 30 day rolling contract, nothing to stop you cancelling it and starting the deal all over again.

I went for 5GB to start with, and can use the Lebara app to monitor the data usage, and change the allowance if needed.

U-Switch Deal;

Quidco Cashback deal;

To get all the deals - you log in/sign up to Quidco, then search cashback deals for U-Switch.
It then refers you over to U-Switch to make a purchase, and the purchase gets recorded as a Quidco referral.
When on U-Switch, look at SIM only deals and pick one that suits you.

Gawd what a job. I bought a vodafone sim, tested in my phone and data worked as expected but what a hellish job getting it working with the camera.
I eventually got it to show me sim settings and I put the standard (non blackvue) ones in and it says invalid sim.
I have given up for now after struggling for 2 hours...

I only purchased the LTE version (SIM) so I could access the live feeds. Disappointingly it hardly ever works. When you contact BlackVue, there’s always an excuse. Plenty of other cameras on the market with better picture quality, better App, if you can live without the NON-WORKING SIM live feed……

I use my car which has a Blackvue DR770X LTE fairly infrequently, and so discovered only today that there was no Cloud connection. The Dash cam was fitted and hardwired in March by TTW Solutions in Nottingham, and there work as someone who is OCD was simply excellent, and the dash cam itself has performed faultlessly... until today.
Am I right in assuming the issue with no Cloud connection is around the SIM card no longer working as of the beginning of August?
Anyone found a reliable alternative SIM solution at a reasonable cost?
Thanks in advance...

I use my car which has a Blackvue DR770X LTE fairly infrequently, and so discovered only today that there was no Cloud connection. The Dash cam was fitted and hardwired in March by TTW Solutions in Nottingham, and there work as someone who is OCD was simply excellent, and the dash cam itself has performed faultlessly... until today.
Am I right in assuming the issue with no Cloud connection is around the SIM card no longer working as of the beginning of August?
Anyone found a reliable alternative SIM solution at a reasonable cost?
Thanks in advance...
I managed to get a Sim from Three for £7.20 a month with 80Gb

I managed to get a Sim from Three for £7.20 a month with 80Gb
Thanks, and I've been doing some digging and there is also a deal from Smarty which appears to be the Sim that Blackvue are now promoting. Whilst only 2gb its £5.00 per month.
However 80gb for £7.20 seems great.

Thanks, and I've been doing some digging and there is also a deal from Smarty which appears to be the Sim that Blackvue are now promoting. Whilst only 2gb its £5.00 per month.
However 80gb for £7.20 seems great.
If you don't need much data, see my post above;

Three do a 24 month 24gb sim usually about £35 on Amazon. I use these in a sat nav and just buy a new one every couple of years

Same here.
£4/month for 40GB with Vodafone V-SIM, and their cheapest available is 15GB for £10/month.
Clearly no comparison.

Personally, I'm holding out until it disconnects itself in August. No need to change to a more expensive plan before then.
Then in August, I'm going to check out the cheapest SIM only deal that's best for me (not just Vodafone) for a comparison site such as U-Switch;
I've just got mine going again after it went dead . I got a data only sim from smarty mobile who I have a phone sim only deal with . I got 2gb for £5 a month but got 50p discount for having two accounts and my mobile bill went from £12 to £10.80 . I had to unregistered my cam and re register it then placed the sim into the camera and set it up as per instructions. When it detected the sim and asks you who the provider is I just left it as default which said Vodafone. Saved it and it works fine. My sim provider uses the three network so who knows ???
Just thought I'd give the info gor anyone else struggling with the changes. Whether 2gb is enough I don't know but it's a start.
Just had this through from BlackVue;

ATTENTION UK USERS OF VODAFONE 4G V-SIM/SMART SERVICE

As a BlackVue UK customer and active subscriber to Vodafone’s V-SIM/Smart SIM product, Vodafone should have already contacted you directly to inform you that your current 4G SIM service is due to be discontinued from the 1st of August 2024.

Unfortunately Vodafone have made the decision to close their ’Smart Tech’ division at very short notice, and the low-cost V-SIM & Smart SIM data plans that were part of the programme are regrettably a direct casualty of this decision.

That said, as a BlackVue Cloud and LTE device user it is a simple process to arrange and subscribe to a replacement 4G Data SIM service. Vodafone themselves offer a number of 4G SIM card packages with only a rolling 30 day obligation.

To get you back up and running before the 1st of August deadline and with the minimum of disruption, BlackVue UK recommends Vodafone’s 8GB monthly Data Plan - currently topped-up to 15GB per month for subscriptions arranged before the 25th of June 2024.

For context, the average BlackVue user will use less than 1GB of data per month, meaning this plan offers more than enough bandwidth for even the most data hungry user.

To request a replacement 4G SIM card and to choose a new data plan from Vodafone, please click the link below. SIM cards are normally delivered within 1-2 working days.

PLEASE NOTE: All the major UK mobile networks (EE, O2 and Three) offer similar 4G data SIM products if you’d prefer not to continue using Vodafone. Any 4G data SIM from a reputable network will be compatible with your BlackVue LTE equipped dashcam.

We hope that this information has been useful and apologise for any inconvenience this change in service may have caused.If you have further questions, please contact BlackVue UK here;

I've just got a data only sim from my phone sim provider smarty who use the three network. It costs £5 but I got 10% discount on both for having two accounts so £4.50 for camera and £10.80 now for phone . Make sure you deregister your camera and re register it then put sim in and set up as per instructions. When it detected the sim I just saved it as the default provider which was Vodafone and it works fine .

Back