Feitelijk

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
SG9665GC GT680W G90C GT300W
3lKvXTX.jpg

What's up with that?

At the end of this clip all is well again. Compression algorithm?

Do you have a footage from other scene when driving at nice sunny weather and not nearby trees ?

I use mplayer on CentOS.
Registrator viewer is not going to work. Raw upload is here, skip to 3:00.

https://mega.nz/#!EoVw3QyK

Do you have a footage from other scene when driving at nice sunny weather and not nearby trees ?
When the weather is nice I tgend to drive my other car but I will have a look.
I'm on the beta firmware btw.

When the weather is nice I tgend to drive my other car but I will have a look.
I'm on the beta firmware btw.

Ok after we confirm playing it on our end, you might want to share this in the beta thread as well. (image quality adjustments were made)

Trees do seem to make it worse.

But this was on the old (november) firmware

3lKvXTX.jpg

What's up with that?

At the end of this clip all is well again. Compression algorithm?

I use mplayer on CentOS.
Registrator viewer is not going to work. Raw upload is here, skip to 3:00.

https://mega.nz/#!EoVw3QyK

It looks clear on Windows 10, VLC Player (32 bit version) I think maybe your mplayer on CentOS is the source of the square artifacts. Please try playback on another computer or try different playback software.
k2IS7WO.png

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2016-01-13-23h10m27s439.png
    vlcsnap-2016-01-13-23h10m27s439.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Yeah, in certain circumstances trees play some role in "image with blocks", but its need more tests between nice weather non-trees vs nearby trees driving tests.

It looks clear on Windows 10, VLC Player (32 bit version) I think maybe your mplayer on CentOS is the source of the square artifacts. Please try playback on another computer or try different playback software.
It might look clear at the spot you took the image from the video, but scroll to 3 minutes, you'll see that it's blocky.
It's understandable though, the selected bitrate (even if it might be the highest one) is not enough to cope with the bare tree branches and light going through them at speed.

This is where CBR is superior over VBR. No/less lag to recover compression artifacts as the level of detail changes scene to scene.

I refuse! Please reread:
At the end of this clip all is well again.
skip to 3:00.

That shot is actually a nice one, the truck is only allowed to use the two rightmost lanes. And if you skip to 0:30 you seven see him cross a solid line.

I refuse! Please reread:

That shot is actually a nice one, the truck is only allowed to use the two rightmost lanes. And if you skip to 0:30 you seven see him cross a solid line.
Yeah, truck is violating rules by making a last minute exit and putting other drivers into danger.

Back