Bloody Taxi Drivers

Can't be a real taxi, it didn't do an unexpected U-turn in front of you.

ok. i guess i was looking for labels and phone numbers on the sides, and maybe a light/sign on the roof. or a black london taxi. that badge/plate offset to one side of the front lower grille - is that what identifies it as a taxi? if so, seems like it'd be hard to ID a taxi to hail one on a busy street! seems to me they'd WANT to make it really obvious that they're a taxi so they can get business!

ok. i guess i was looking for labels and phone numbers on the sides, and maybe a light/sign on the roof. or a black london taxi. that badge/plate offset to one side of the front lower grille - is that what identifies it as a taxi? if so, seems like it'd be hard to ID a taxi to hail one on a busy street! seems to me they'd WANT to make it really obvious that they're a taxi so they can get business!

The plate on the front and an identical one on the back state that it's a Private Hire vehicle. We still call them taxi's but you can't flag one down in the street like you can a black cab. Legally they can only be ordered by phoning their office, so if you want one you have to phone in advance then they come looking for you.

Back