Blue Flicker

movieguy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what's causing the blue flicker in the top half of the screen please (and how to fix it?). I have a Nextbase Duo HD. I'm getting this on a lot of front camera recordings but not all the time.

Many thanks.

I'm not familiar with that particular dashcam, but an attempt to answer since nobody else has:

It appears to be a result of over-exposure on one of the channels.
To fix it, you could try updating the firmware if there is an update, if not then you could try adjusting the exposure (EV setting) a little negative, if it has the option to do so.

Let us know the result/conclusions...

I have never seen that before, my guess is far more skeptical at a dying sensor.

I have never seen that before, my guess is far more skeptical at a dying sensor.
Yes, that is a possibility, especially if nobody else has seen it on this particular model and firmware version.

@Nigel suggested a firmware update. Try that. If it doesn't resolve, I think @kamkar is correct that it's a hardware failure. Probably a bad sensor or other component failure.

I saw intermittent pixellation at different parts of the screen; seemed to better at the start.

Do the usual: Test card, reinstall FW and reset cam. Haven't seen this on a NB cam so I'm thinking hardware failure too

Phil

Back