Blurry image A119SV2

PeterSpie

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I have a A119SV2 with all blurry image.
I think it the focus problems are there form the beginning, when I bought it. But due to lack of time I didn't bather to return it.
Please take a look at my video.

Is this something I can repair, via (e.g.) this video:

Regards, Peter

Is this something I can repair, via (e.g.) this video:
You will be able to adjust the focus, but it will be a temporary solution, in the forum thread I gave a lot of explanations about this.
At the beginning of the 119S release, a plastic lens holder was installed, this was a miscalculation, when heated, the plastic expanded and the lens defocused, later it was corrected, a metal lens holder was installed on all models.
First you need to clarify what kind of holder you have.
You will need a metal lens holder to fix the problem.

Hi,Peter! May I know when and where you bought this dashcam?

Hello,

I bought this camera online via www.xiaomiproducts.nl.
Date of purchase is 12 july 2019.
The reason why I haven't asked for this earlier is that I needed some footage and just noticed the blur.
I think (but I am not sure) that this blurry video was always there.

Regards, Peter

Hey Peter, have you found a way to fix it? Mine is doing the same thing.

you can always refocus a dashcam lens by unscrewing it a tiny bit or screw it further in ( if the blur is the same all over )
Or you can replace the lens too, in that case you of course just need to get a lens that can work with the sensor size in the camera, and have a IR cut filter installed.

In the video above the lens are secured with a locking ring, normally they are held in place with a dab of glue you have to peel off to be able to turn the lens.

If you have a focus that come and go with temperature, then you will need to replace the lens, but if it have shifted permanent, you should be able to refocus the lens.
it is normally very little you have to turn the lens to get focus back.

Im not sure if its the lens. It seems like it happens when its hot outside or driving with sun shining in the camera. Then left side of camera is out of focus. Sucks because I have this camera for more than 4 years. Other than this issue it works better than my other dashcam which was 6 times the cost

Hi,

We can provide you with a discount for purchasing a new dashcam from our official website.

You can also send it back to China to repair. In this way, a maintenance fee will be needed. It will take about 10 days for you to receive it back.

Btw, I'd like to confirm the model of your dashcam is A119 V2.

Hi,

We can provide you with a discount for purchasing a new dashcam from our official website.

You can also send it back to China to repair. In this way, a maintenance fee will be needed. It will take about 10 days for you to receive it back.

Btw, I'd like to confirm the model of your dashcam is A119 V2.
It's A119S. How can I tell if it's V2? And discount would be nice, thank you

You can tell it from the serial number that is on the front camera's back. Please share the serial number with us by shooting a pic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
winter4w A119S 137
D A119S 2
Lezo A119S 13
viofo A119S 200
Back