BMW merge fail

flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S

I wasn't expecting the BMW to not accelerate, I had to swerve around and use the shoulder to avoid a collision. It makes me look like a jerk driver.

He's a very safe driver. You can tell by the way he actually slowed down to keep a big gap in front of him! :rolleyes:

I wasn't expecting the BMW to not accelerate, I had to swerve around and use the shoulder to avoid a collision. It makes me look like a jerk driver.

Your probably right about the jerk driver bit, all it needed was to take your foot of the accelerator for a second which you had time to do instead of pushing yourself into a situation.

Your probably right about the jerk driver bit, all it needed was to take your foot of the accelerator for a second which you had time to do instead of pushing yourself into a situation.

My foot was already off of the gas pedal and I was coasting. I didn't have the time to brake. Probably wouldn't have stopped in time if I didn't decide to use the shoulder to pass. My brakes just started to make noise earlier that day and rotors and pads have been ordered.

bb.jpg

Here is another highway merge situation where I had to accelerate and pass on the shoulder instead of braking. I knew I wasn't going to be able to stop in time and decided to crash into the right hand car and wall. I wasn't expecting the cars to come to a complete stop. Luckily, the car on the right zipped away in the nick of time.

Some people are just not aware that there are other drivers on the road. They just don't give a damn.

My foot was already off of the gas pedal and I was coasting. I didn't have the time to brake. Probably wouldn't have stopped in time if I didn't decide to use the shoulder to pass. My brakes just started to make noise earlier that day and rotors and pads have been ordered.

View attachment 38325
Those are disk brakes!

I had assumed that the USA still used drum brakes given that in the videos we see, they always change lanes rather than slow down, and when they do have to stop quickly they always seem to fall off the road or spin across multiple lanes...

Note that disk brakes start making noise as a warning before they become unsafe, it doesn't mean that they wont work any more.

Those are disk brakes!

I had assumed that the USA still used drum brakes given that in the videos we see, they always change lanes rather than slow down, and when they do have to stop quickly they always seem to fall off the road or spin across multiple lanes...

Note that disk brakes start making noise as a warning before they become unsafe, it doesn't mean that they wont work any more.

My front brakes are disc brakes while the rear are drums. My truck has all disc but I can't stop on a dime due to the weight.

One of my pet hates, people that don't know how to merge. They stop in the merge lane and potentially cause accidents behind them. They don't understand the cause and effect principal.

And they don't THINK, because they don't take road use seriously enough.

The worst thing authorities do is allow people to believe they have a right to be safe on the roads. Roads are not safe. They never will be. And anyone who thinks otherwise is automatically a threat to other people's safety, because they act recklessly. "It won't happen to me" syndrome at its most deadly.

I got knocked down twice as a kid (second time on a school crossing) and you better believe I take care on the roads now, whether I'm walking, riding, or driving. Maybe we need to introduce a scheme where schoolkids are compulsorily thrown in front of a car to give them a reality check, because it seems to be the only thing that works.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hmmmm , more than one fail !

Back