Failure to merge

Most people only know how to use the brakes, and accelerator pedal. Don't expect too much.
This one had a 50/50 chance of stomping on the correct one, and failed.

It's good to see the tail-lights on the SUV are safe from being attacked by angry bushes, though.

:)

Had the same situation myself. I was looking over my shoulder for cars coming to my left and spotted two idiots that couldn't figure out how to merge at the last second.

Most people only know how to use the brakes, and accelerator pedal. Don't expect too much.
This one had a 50/50 chance of stomping on the correct one, and failed.

It's good to see the tail-lights on the SUV are safe from being attacked by angry bushes, though.

:)
:D

Wow that's a non drivin fool...he needs to take a merging class o_O

Sad thing is, that's a Highlander hybrid (only the hybrid got the LED brake lights) and because of the hybrid add-on, it's got TONS of power for merging easily even at 90mph. Other than the stupid brush guards on the tail lights, that looks exactly like the one my dad used to have. You could be going a steady 30mph on clean dry pavement, and if you stomped the throttle, it would light up both front tires. Not just bark them - smoke them!

The REALLY scary part about that Highlander is the towing hitch. They might actually use it, and still drive like an ass hat, but with a trailer!

Please excuse my 'thickness' here , but was this guy really trying to merge? It looked like the lane you were both in to begin with continues ahead as lane 1 - so all he has to do is keep driving in that lane & sort any merge out much later.

Please excuse my 'thickness' here , but was this guy really trying to merge? It looked like the lane you were both in to begin with continues ahead as lane 1 - so all he has to do is keep driving in that lane & sort any merge out much later.
Yes, the tight dashed line marks the merging zone. When they stop you can clearly see where the lane ends right between the two of them.

Plus you can briefly see one of these signs as the on ramp joins the main lanes:
download.png

If it had been one of these, then the on ramp would get its own new lane, and not have to merge at all:
download (1).png

Last edited:
Thanks, watching it in full screen does help!
(blind as well as thick!)

Back