Brand I have never Heard of Question - Focuway T5

Yes, that would be the correct way.
A little math on the battery load...
Assume that parking mode is used for the max possible 24 hours before it shuts down, that's 0.3A x 24 hr, so 7.2 Ah. I think that the average car battery is 50 Ah (I know that some are 100+ Ah, mine is). So if it started at 100% charge, it would be at 85% charge after one day of parking mode. (I am allowing for a little drain from the car itself.)
I think that concern that parking mode will run the battery down is largely unfounded here.

The concern would be if someone leaves their car parked for an extended period of time, but I guess this depends on how the Focuway works.

I know cameras like Street Guardian and Viofo use a low bitrate parking mode, if you so choose, which means a constant energy draw. Blackvue and Thinkware can do a 1 or 2 FPS timelapse if wanting "real time" capture.
However, the FOCUWAY T5 only uses Motion or Event Activated Parking Mode.

Would the Focuway be using .03A an hour if not being activated or a lot less than .3A per hour since it only turns on in motion or event (car is hit or knocked)?

None the less, I presume if the car were to sit for 4-5 days of not being used, there's a chance the battery could get low. Likewise, as batteries age, they lose charge and don't hold 100% as time progresses.

The concern would be if someone leaves their car parked for an extended period of time, but I guess this depends on how the Focuway works.

I know cameras like Street Guardian and Viofo use a low bitrate parking mode, if you so choose, which means a constant energy draw. Blackvue and Thinkware can do a 1 or 2 FPS timelapse if wanting "real time" capture.
However, the FOCUWAY T5 only uses Motion or Event Activated Parking Mode.

Would the Focuway be using .03A an hour if not being activated or a lot less than .3A per hour since it only turns on in motion or event (car is hit or knocked)?

None the less, I presume if the car were to sit for 4-5 days of not being used, there's a chance the battery could get low. Likewise, as batteries age, they lose charge and don't hold 100% as time progresses.
From my brief measurements (over a few days) before installing the Focuway...
Power drain in parking mode is 300mA whether on not it is actively recording something. This is approximate. It may be a few mA more or less depending on what it is doing, but the average was 300 or just under.
The maximum time it would stay in parking mode was 24 hours, so there's no concern about it being left for days, as it shuts itself down. Once shut down, consumption was less than 3mA.

From my brief measurements (over a few days) before installing the Focuway...
Power drain in parking mode is 300mA whether on not it is actively recording something. This is approximate. It may be a few mA more or less depending on what it is doing, but the average was 300 or just under.
The maximum time it would stay in parking mode was 24 hours, so there's no concern about it being left for days, as it shuts itself down. Once shut down, consumption was less than 3mA.

OK. So the parking mode will shut itself off after 24 hours of record? I can't remember all the settings as I don't own it.

I'm surprised someone else on here owns a Focuway. It seems like a brand that very few people would own or know.

Back