Bread Maker?

Try more sugar, you can't have too much sugar but you can have too little, it won't be fluffy if you have too little.

If that doesn't work then go looking for some stronger bread flour, the stronger the flour the more elastic/less solid the bread is, I always mix strong and less strong to get the texture I like.

Nigel,

What do you mean by "stronger"? Does gluten make it stronger? If so, can I just add more gluten to the bread? I think I can get gluten powder.

Thank you

Nigel,

What do you mean by "stronger"? Does gluten make it stronger? If so, can I just add more gluten to the bread? I think I can get gluten powder.

Thank you
"Made from a blend of premium wheat, Very Strong White Bread Flour has a higher protein content and gluten strength than our strong flour. Perfect for baking really excellent bread! You can use this flour whenever your recipes call for strong white bread flour and it will produce a higher rise and a better texture." : https://www.allinsonflour.co.uk/products/very-strong-white

I went ahead and made up a recipe for rosemary garlic artisan bread. Instead of having the bread maker cook it, I preheated a cast iron skillet and placed the dough in it, then cooked it in my toaster oven for 40 mins at 400 f.

Attachments

• 20190221_132602.jpg
    20190221_132602.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190221_133402.jpg
    20190221_133402.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190221_125045.jpg
    20190221_125045.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 10
As a tip I'd recommend learning the weight equivalents of flour and other dry ingredients as portion control by weight is almost always more accurate. With flour in particular weighing eliminates the need to sift to get accurate measures. A sifted cup will weigh about 120g whereas an unsifted cup could be nearly 160g. If you have a decent scale accurate to 0.1g or better and with a range of 1kg to 3kg (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01ETM5EFK) you should be good to go. For yeast you'd probably want a scale with 0.01g resolution and a range of about 500g (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01HCKQG7G).

Amazing what $20 will buy these days...

Brian

Last edited:
Save your money.
Just do what this guy does..

Pizza made with dough made in the bread machine.

Attachments

• IMG_20190228_191329_056.jpg
    IMG_20190228_191329_056.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20190228_191329_060.jpg
    IMG_20190228_191329_060.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1758.jpeg
    1758.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20190228_191329_055.jpg
    IMG_20190228_191329_055.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 7
Thats it you just pushed me over the line,,,,,,, pizza tonight :)

Pizza is like a once a week thing in my house. Amazing that something so bad for you tastes so wonderful... pizza, meet beer!

Brian

Once a week are all i can afford, both financially but also trying to limit the size of my belly which i now dislike as much as i did all my body when i looked like a skeleton in a skin bag.
If my lounges and back allowed for it i would do some high energy exercises for sure, but sadly i get worn out just by walking a little,,,,, and its not like i am that fat, though it are most often my knees that give up when i am walking.

Once a week are all i can afford, both financially but also trying to limit the size of my belly which i now dislike as much as i did all my body when i looked like a skeleton in a skin bag.
If my lounges and back allowed for it i would do some high energy exercises for sure, but sadly i get worn out just by walking a little,,,,, and its not like i am that fat, though it are most often my knees that give up when i am walking.

This .... I seem to have the same problem.

Pizza is like a once a week thing in my house. Amazing that something so bad for you tastes so wonderful... pizza, meet beer!

Brian
Pizza is only bad for you if you add bad ingredients, if you make it out of healthy ingredients then it can be very good for you.

There is nothing wrong with the bread part, especially if you use wholemeal flour, unless you add excess salt.
The toppings can be anything, cheese is good for you in small amounts, some types of cheese are good in larger amounts, traditional mozzarella is one of them, meat is also good for you unless treated with chemicals because it is "pre-cooked", the tomatoes, peppers etc are very good for you.

So home made pizza can be very healthy. Don't know if you can read this from outside UK: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/best-healthy-pizzas

But all the best tasting things are what is bad for you :)
None of this really matter if you burn as much of the energy as you consume, my greatest problem is i spend too much time on my ass.
And when i do get off my ass, my options for doing high cardio exercise are limited not least due to the decreasing function of my lounges that seem to get worse and worse for every year since i stopped smoking many years ago.
Some times when i go to bed my lounges "whine" when i exhale, and the high pitched whine don't contribute positive to my some times severe problems falling asleep.

Pizza can be very good and good for you, but it seems that the copious amounts of fermented adult beverages that usually accompany the pizza counter the effect. :(

I never liked the taste of beer, not even when i was a regular drinker in my youth, my favorites was the X-mas specials like the one named X mas or Carlsbergs Christmas brew.
So much so back then i would get a few cases of those so i had some to drink on other times of the year, and people used to envy me when i pulled a couple of cool sparkly dew covered x mas out of my bag in the middle of summer,,,, only to learn i was not sharing those.
I am even down to non sugar sodas now, i only do like 1 or maybe 2 sodas with sugar every month. Here the Faxe Kondi light are my one and only, other non sugar sodas taste like garbage to me.

Coffee without suger in it are unheard of for me, so no sugar = no coffee for me then.

But all the best tasting things are what is bad for you :)
None of this really matter if you burn as much of the energy as you consume, my greatest problem is i spend too much time on my ass.
And when i do get off my ass, my options for doing high cardio exercise are limited not least due to the decreasing function of my lounges that seem to get worse and worse for every year since i stopped smoking many years ago.
Some times when i go to bed my lounges "whine" when i exhale, and the high pitched whine don't contribute positive to my some times severe problems falling asleep.
More then likely it's not your lungs that are producing the whine sound but your nasal passages.If you have a lot of mucus draining from these passages it can stick/thin down the passages which can cause the whining sound.
However a whining sound can emanate from the lungs but it is usually considered the result of having COPD and that is serious. Try taking a good quality antihistamine like Claritin or the generic form of it, both are exactly the same (generic lot cheaper). If that doesn't stop the sound see your doctor!
I

Yeah i agree, and luckily its not that often it happen, but so easy to pick up on the days where i spend 8-10 hours in my bed desperately trying to fall asleep.

Sadly me and doctors don't speak the same language, i have yet to have a doctor that make me think he/she give just a little damn about me, so much i have some times paid to change doctor and that have never worked.
It is funny that way, maybe they are getting even on me cuz i don't visit them that often, like once every 5 years on average, though i don't think Danish doctors are paid by the amount of people passing thru their doors.

All of 2007 or 8 i slept like 2-3 hours a day on average, got some pills for 3 weeks that sort of worked, and that was it, doctor dident want to renew my recipe or try other things, just thank you and goodbye.
I was so fracked up i had to talk to a lawyer to hear what my options was if i killed somebody falling asleep in my car while driving, cuz i was really assuming i would fall asleep in my car on the motorway to or from work, or faceplant on the 2 foot diameter grinding-stone on my grinding-machine.

You
Yeah i agree, and luckily its not that often it happen, but so easy to pick up on the days where i spend 8-10 hours in my bed desperately trying to fall asleep.

Sadly me and doctors don't speak the same language, i have yet to have a doctor that make me think he/she give just a little damn about me, so much i have some times paid to change doctor and that have never worked.
It is funny that way, maybe they are getting even on me cuz i don't visit them that often, like once every 5 years on average, though i don't think Danish doctors are paid by the amount of people passing thru their doors.

All of 2007 or 8 i slept like 2-3 hours a day on average, got some pills for 3 weeks that sort of worked, and that was it, doctor dident want to renew my recipe or try other things, just thank you and goodbye.
I was so fracked up i had to talk to a lawyer to hear what my options was if i killed somebody falling asleep in my car while driving, cuz i was really assuming i would fall asleep in my car on the motorway to or from work, or faceplant on the 2 foot diameter grinding-stone on my grinding-machine.

What you said about doctors is like it is here in the USA, if I say any more I will be in trouble. Example: they wanted me to pay $500.00 for a 10 minute ride to the hospital in ambulance because I was worried about my ability to drive, this was about 2 years ago. Mainly because of GREED! I got in a little hot water because of some things I said publicly, until people found out it was true!

You

What you said about doctors is like it is here in the USA, if I say any more I will be in trouble. Example: they wanted me to pay $500.00 for a 10 minute ride to the hospital in ambulance because I was worried about my ability to drive, this was about 2 years ago. Mainly because of GREED! I got in a little hot water because of some things I said publicly, until people found out it was true!

They had you use a private ambulance? I don't ever remember an ambulance ride having a cost in MD.. At least in Balto, Harford and Cecil.

All that stuff is "free" here, though in the end probably more expensive as its paid for by taxes, and it seem like when it is taxes its a free for all.

A doctor here that have like a 6-7 year education he make at least 6 times more than i could ever do having a 4 year education in a trade, TBH i don't find that fair at all.

Back