Bricked 0806, ELF flashing works but still bricked

EBE

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi all, I haven't seen this issue yet so posting a new thread.

I had to jiggle the cigarette lighter power connector a bit this morning (because it's a crappy one that is too thin for the slot, it was cold and it had contracted, and it was not making contact properly...) In the process the camera turned on and off a few times, and then I noticed the image was frozen. I tried to reset it a few times, and then it went blank. Hard reset (20 sec power button) shuts down the camera but it does nothing when booted up again, only the red LED lights up (and then the only way to turn it off is to hard reset again).

Regular firmware flashing (BIN file to SD card) will not work. I am however able to flash the ELF file found here www.mini0806.com/1/post/2015/02/recover-bricked-mini-0806-camera.html (using the more detailed guide here:
). All the statuses are OK during this process, firmware flashing is stated to be successful.

But when resetting the camera at the end, and then powering it up, I am back to the red LED only...

Maybe related: the camera was running out of space and the card was in slot A. It had already looped once with the card in slot B. Also, right when it died, it created a faulty MP4 file and a bunch of DSP logs and other logs, which I can post if needed.

Any ideas?

Bump... I'd be grateful for any idea before I have to send it back, it's a crapshoot with these sellers...
Thanks in any case.

Thanks for the response. Yes DirectUSB completes without error, all statuses green and firmware flashing successful.
I tried that ELF as well as far as I recall (I tried twice, once with the file from mini0806.com and again with this).

Back