Bricked mini 0801

Yes you have to connect 4 and 5 pins. Look at the picture. I made it this way.

Wait a minute. If I do this, I don't need the OTG and male to male cables?
Sorry, I'm usually not this dumb.

Yes, correct.

Thank You, it worked and it's been restored.
Now to upgrade to latest firmware.
Guess I'll leave it sitting at "Processing" for 10+ minutes before resetting.

Welcome. You are experienced now and you can unbrick it easily if got brick again ;)

Hi, I am newbee for the firmware. Where can I find those .elf fw ? If I only have the sd card fw with .bin, can I make the .elf from it?

There is no explicit TS-device, the video container is just firmware dependent. You can use any firmware on any original device.

OK thanks. What about driver? I mean Ambarella_Evaluation_Board_1.2.3.0 driver. This driver can use in all devices TS and MOV both?

I don't know what factory mine is from but it doesn't seem compatible with any of the firmware available.

Tried the bins and the elfs with an otg cable and that just displays update failed after sending firmware to cam. The camera doesn't show anything on screen. led does turn blue.

My firmware is 20130604

Can use "ELF Linux Executable for DirectUSB" for TS format device in this link http://dc.p-mc.eu/?page=mini0801.firmware ?
Thanks cem_ari!. The further question is my cam is VicoVation DS2 and it fails upgrade from SD card. I connect it to PC with DirectUSB. The only fw I have is the .bin fw to be used in SD card. How can I make a .elf file to download through DirectUSB?

Hi, I just foud out that my "dead" mini is not that dead. I hacked the USB cable (pin 4 and 5 together) and I was able to connect it trough Direct USB.
The problem appears when I hit the Download button. STATUS: FAIL
I tried with several .efl files and different Direct USB versions ...same error.
The Ambarella Board driver is installed correctly ( Win 7 x64)

This is how DEBUG looks like (time:00:20) :

Code:
AMBA_USB_Init:()
AMBA_USB_Dev_Init:()
Found 0 busses, 1 devices changed
AMBA_OS_Get_USB_Location:(081A8BF0,002DE370,002DE374)
Filename=\\.\libusb0-0001--0x4255-0x0001
bus=0, port=0
AMBA_OS_Get_USB_Location.(0)
AMBA_USB_Configure:(0x081A8BF0,0x002DE378)
Dev#1: 0x4255 (Amba) : 0x0001 (A4 ) : 123456789ABC has 1 configs
AMBA_USB_Configure.(0x027FFB88)
AMBA_Check_State: (0x002DE378)
State is BOOT
AMBA_Check_State. (0x0)
Found 1 AMBA device!
AMBA_USB_Dev_Init.
AMBA_USB_Init.(1)
AMBA_USB_Dev_Deinit:()
AMBA_USB_Dev_Deinit.()
AMBA_USB_Init:()
AMBA_USB_Dev_Init:()
Found 0 busses, 0 devices changed
AMBA_OS_Get_USB_Location:(081A8BF0,002DE368,002DE36C)
Filename=\\.\libusb0-0001--0x4255-0x0001
bus=0, port=0
AMBA_OS_Get_USB_Location.(0)
AMBA_USB_Configure:(0x081A8BF0,0x002DE370)
Dev#1: 0x4255 (Amba) : 0x0001 (A4 ) : 123456789ABC has 1 configs
AMBA_USB_Configure.(0x027FFC00)
AMBA_Check_State: (0x002DE370)
State is BOOT
AMBA_Check_State. (0x0)
Found 1 AMBA device!
AMBA_USB_Dev_Init.
AMBA_USB_Init.(1)
ConvertELF(C:\Users\roxor\Documents\Ambarella_Q2\Ambarella_Q2\amboot_q2.elf):
ConvertELF(0).
AMBA_Set_Boot_File: (0x1,C:\Users\roxor\Documents\Ambarella_Q2\Ambarella_Q2\amboot_q2.e2b)
AMBA_Set_Boot_File. ()
AMBA_USB_Download:(0,0x1,6)
Reinit start wait.
AMBA_Load_File_BST: (C:\Users\roxor\Documents\0801-244-2212-Burning-Software\0801-244-2212-Burning-Software\DirectUSB II\DirectUSB II\bld\a2s.bin,0xc0000000,1)
AMBA_Load_File: (C:\Users\roxor\Documents\0801-244-2212-Burning-Software\0801-244-2212-Burning-Software\DirectUSB II\DirectUSB II\bld\a2s.bin,0x00000000,0x07AFE998)
AMBA_Load_File. (0)
Load file start.
Load file end.
AMBA_Load_File_BST. (0)
[0] AMBA_USB_Reinit_Wait: (1,1)
[0] Wait device re-init...
Reinit start signal.
AMBA_USB_Dev_Scan:()
Found 0 busses, 1 devices changed
Found 0 AMBA device!
AMBA_USB_Dev_Scan.
Reinit start wait.
Reinit start signal.
AMBA_USB_Dev_Scan:()
Found 0 busses, 0 devices changed
Found 0 AMBA device!
AMBA_USB_Dev_Scan.
Reinit start wait.
[0] Not found.
[0] AMBA_USB_Reinit_Wait. (-1)
BLD execute failed.
[0] Failed!!
AMBA_USB_Download. (-1)
Reinit start wait.

Can you use USB Direct to load the firmware instead of first loading the elf binary?

I don't know what factory mine is from but it doesn't seem compatible with any of the firmware available.

Tried the bins and the elfs with an otg cable and that just displays update failed after sending firmware to cam. The camera doesn't show anything on screen. led does turn blue.

My firmware is 20130604

May be a different hardware revision, your camera is an early one going by the firmware version you have now

The fw used for SD card upgrade is .bin format. Is ther a way to send the .bin file through DirectUSB connection?

May be a different hardware revision, your camera is an early one going by the firmware version you have now

Yeah, I ordered mine back before it was officially listed on here.

Ah well, would have been nice to have had mph and mov but since it's in the back now it doesn't really make much difference.

Can you use USB Direct to load the firmware instead of first loading the elf binary?

No, it gives me the same status: fail .

I think the last chance of getting the camera working is with a usb-serial cable. I have a Nokia DKU-5 and I will try to solder it on the pcb. I installed the Tera Term and modified the serial baud rate to 115200....aaaand that's all...I really don't konw what to do next. So, Tobi@s, if you have some spare time, please tell me what I have to do to put this camera on its feet :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back