Broke my 3H2F GS6000 Ambarella A5S30

alexandruene

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Got this camera from amazon a while back, not happy with the quality tried a firmware from texet that didn t improve anything. Looking around today i flashed this Texet DVR-5GP (140207), Standart Bitrate, Contrast, Expo-TrendVision TV-Q5NV, Logo-Texet firmware. Everything went well till the 6 st step. Here waited for a wile but no response from the camera. Used a pin to reset the camera, it went black and that s how it still is. The charging led is the only thing that goes one. Is there any way to get the camera back ? Thanks

The thing is that the camera doesen t react anymore. Is there any trick in getting it started ??

And how do I get that? This is the firmware the cam had when i got it sm3h2fdgc.131028.v1

Last edited:
Was it the Texet 5GP firmware you originally used which worked?

If so try this ELF with DirectUSB:

ftp://relay.alkotel.ru/service/DVR/Firmware/DVR-5GP-TXA47HGC.130427.V1/

And how do I get that? This is the firmware the cam had when i got it sm3h2fdgc.131028.v1
That's the same firmware I had on my GS6000 A7 which was the Texet 571? Are you sure it's the A5 version you have?

If it's the A7 version which that firmware version suggests it is then you want the 571 version:

ftp://relay.alkotel.ru/service/DVR/DVR-571G/571G-120714/

Does it have built in GPS in the mount?

It has built in gps, the firmware that worked last on the camera was the one for the
DVR-571G from july 12th. The thing is that i can't power on the camera, tries all kind of button combinations but nothing. And the computer doesn't see any new device . The only thing that reacts is the red charging led :(

You've put the wrong firmware on which killed it - basically you need to get hold of DirectUSB and try to get the camera into dev mode so you can reprogram with the elf for the 571.

There's a copy of DirectUSB on that Ftp if you go up a level

To be honest I don't have one of these on hand any more as mine developed a fault and was refunded but it's easy to work out.

It takes trial and error, but basically you disconnect the USB cable, hold down one of the buttons and then connect the USB cable - when it's detected as an Ambarella Dev / Eval board or something similar you have cracked it - once that is done it will talk to DirectUSB and you can then erase the NAND and send the new firmware to the camera which should fix it.

Just keep trying different buttons and eventually it will work. These things are harder to kill than Freddy Kruger.

Once you're at that stage if you follow through this thread:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/resolved-g90-a70-chipset-bricked.7216/

It goes through the process on another A7 camera - just go through that thread and use the DVR-571G ELF file linked to above and your camera should come back from the dead :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried for an hour or so to get the thing connected to my laptop with no success, not even a pop up with a new device or so. Tried plugging in the usb using one of each button at a time, combination of buttons .... I m out of ideas :(
After another half an hour I've managed to get it fixed . Thank you Reverend for everything, I would have the camera in the trash by the end of the day if it wasn't for you. Thank you again.

Last edited:
For record, can you explain what you did for others who may have the same issue?

I'm just back in for the day - great news you've got it sorted :)

Turns out it's really hard to brick an Ambarella device!

Argh, hate finding a thread that was solved and then they don't post what they did. That is an internet taboo of the highest degree!
I am having this issue. I am trying every which button combo. I can boot camera normally without usb and it will just go to a dim view of the camera with no icons or button functions. Booting normal to USB instead of going to USB connected sits on a backlit screen. Frustrating!

Still attempting to wake it from the dead. Starting it with a firmware file on SD card it doesn't care, even though the texet splash does show up.

Argh, hate finding a thread that was solved and then they don't post what they did. That is an internet taboo of the highest degree!
I am having this issue. I am trying every which button combo. I can boot camera normally without usb and it will just go to a dim view of the camera with no icons or button functions. Booting normal to USB instead of going to USB connected sits on a backlit screen. Frustrating!

Still attempting to wake it from the dead. Starting it with a firmware file on SD card it doesn't care, even though the texet splash does show up.

are you using the Ambarella USB software?

do you have the ELF version of the firmware that suits your camera?

what is wrong with the camera now, flashed with incorrect firmware or something else?

Thanks for the reply. I have the directUSB and firmware as above posts (Thanks reverend!) have indicated. At first, I noticed none of my videos would play, so I tested the SD card in my PC. Looks like it went corrupt. Replaced it, and it seemed to work for a few days, but then I noticed no new videos were being saved. Checked the camera, it comes on, displays Texet screen, then shows the viewfinder, but no actual icons or menus. Now, plugged in to USB, it does not go to the "USB device connected" blue screen and stays backlit. I want to flash it over with stock software to see if I can save it. Very curious how the software corrupted, maybe the ROM itself is damaged (may have fallen from dashboard a few times...)

I just don't know the button combo to get to dev mode and connect with to erase and flash. Alex above seems to have figured it out, but hit and run so no idea.

it's a trial and error thing, if the camera has a reset button press that before you try each time

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A GSXXXX 4
krawler GSXXXX 10
W GSXXXX 113
B GSXXXX 4
Back