Browsing files with Explorer, am I being stupid?

Perhaps mine is a similar situation. I just tested and it browses the same when plugged in. My driving RO folder was otherwise empty, but testing now has added the files.

However my parking RO folder has less than 48 hours worth of files (over 1500 of them) So I'll assume it's doing the same as yours @Ty07allstar - I'll put the card back in and revisit on Monday to see if these driving RO files are gone.

Is turning Motion detection in parking mode off the only solution? It's crazy that it records and locks every tiny bit of motion without G-sensor input when parked.
I can't remember but is there an option to turn off motion in parking mode or is lowest the least sensitive option?

I’ve got it set to lowest but 1500 files in 48 hours suggests it’s next to useless

I can't remember but is there an option to turn off motion in parking mode or is lowest the least sensitive option?
Regular motion detection can be turned off and should be. Motion detection for parking mode (auto event detection) cannot be turned off.

Regular motion detection can be turned off and should be. Motion detection for parking mode (auto event detection) cannot be turned off.
Would lower bit rate be a better alternative? Considering it’s pretty much recording 24/7 anyway?

Thank you. This seems like good advice.
I’ll check if those RO files get deleted to keep the thread updated. I’m certainly of the opinion that ‘locked’ means ‘locked’ so @VIOFO-Support need to address that.

Quick update. Since switching to Lower bitrate parking mode the camera seems a lot happier. the Parking RO folder is no longer full of files. The camera isn't red hot AND it's still recording in the morning, where as before I'd always assumed it had drained the battery and shut off, where now I think it may have been over heating or something else.

PLUS the Card reader worked an absolute treat.

I'll give it a few days and report back.

Last edited:
Quick update. Since switching to Lower bitrate parking mode the camera seems a lot happier. the Parking RO folder is no longer full of files. The camera isn't red hot AND it's still recording in the morning, where as before I'd always assumed it had drained the battery and shut off, where now I think it may have been over heating or something else.

PLUS the Card reader worked an absolute treat.

I'll give it a few days and report back.
I also just switched modes and am glad to hear it is working better for you.

Back