Bug report thread

David Pincus

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Mini 0803 purchased from eprance
Firmware 0510v1
Bug: occasionally upon startup camera freezes on boot up picture, beeps continuously and becomes unresponsive. The only way to resolve is to wait until the battery dies and then reboot.

Isn't there any reset button ?

Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds for reset

For a lockup on boot up like that the first thing I'd try would be a different memory card

There's no reset. Holding the power button does not work. Card is a genuine Sandisk class 10 32GB card.

The reset function does not work. That's why I'm reporting the bug. ;-)

The reset function does not work. That's why I'm reporting the bug. ;-)

perhaps it would have been good to mention the bug rather than just saying there's no reset, anyway it will be firmware dependent so there may be some issue, it has come a long way in the last few months but still lots of work needed in this model

for the issue you're having with random lockups I'd still suggest trying a different card, different make and model preferably

we tested the fake cards which is below Class 4, the problem happens. Please remove the card and reset by hold the power button for 9 seconds.
please use a original C6 or C10 card for 0803.
(fake cards work on 0801 but not on 0803.)

Thanks Rayman, will try that next time it happens. Unfortunately, its a real class 10 Sandisk card, not a fake. :-(

Microphone mute bug:

Mini 0803 purchased from JooVuu.
Firmware FW20140510 V1.0
Bug: Microphone doesen't stay muted, even tough the mic mute indicator shows it should be. If you unmute and mute again then it stays muted, at least untill next power up.
I dont know yet how constant this behaviour is. I just noticed this when replaying some videos I knew for sure were muted, but there was still audio included.

Microphone mute bug:

Mini 0803 purchased from JooVuu.
Firmware FW20140510 V1.0
Bug: Microphone doesen't stay muted, even tough the mic mute indicator shows it should be. If you unmute and mute again then it stays muted, at least untill next power up.
I dont know yet how constant this behaviour is. I just noticed this when replaying some videos I knew for sure were muted, but there was still audio included.

Same here, fw version is FW20140510 v1.0.
Purchased from foxoffer.com last week. How I would like this to be solved is that once I select to mute, it stays mute even after restart. That is, FW shouldn't fix this the other way round, i.e. clearing the mute icon after startup :)

Mini 0803 purchased from eprance
Firmware 0510v1
Bug: occasionally upon startup camera freezes on boot up picture, beeps continuously and becomes unresponsive. The only way to resolve is to wait until the battery dies and then reboot.

Well, I just got my 4th!!! Mini dash cam (with a problem!). This one is the 0803. Just came from Foxoffer and I just tried it out today. Ran it in the truck, brought it in to see the pictures, plugged it into the computer via the USB on the camera body, not the gps module and it went into record mode instead of USB mode. So I unplugged it from the computer and it froze up with the startup screen and the incessant howl. Holding the power button did nothing. plugged it back into the computer, unplugged it, took the card out, held the power button for a minute, no response.

Finally after the card being out a couple minutes I held the power button again and it took a full 15 seconds to turn it off. I am using the same card I used in the other camera and it worked fine, but that camera had such a crappy picture and got so hot I sent it back. (and it did it with any of 3 different brands of SD card I had)

FW 2014510 V1.0

I am so disgusted right now I could spit.

Well, I just got my 4th!!! Mini dash cam (with a problem!). This one is the 0803. Just came from Foxoffer and I just tried it out today. Ran it in the truck, brought it in to see the pictures, plugged it into the computer via the USB on the camera body, not the gps module and it went into record mode instead of USB mode. So I unplugged it from the computer and it froze up with the startup screen and the incessant howl. Holding the power button did nothing. plugged it back into the computer, unplugged it, took the card out, held the power button for a minute, no response.

Finally after the card being out a couple minutes I held the power button again and it took a full 15 seconds to turn it off. I am using the same card I used in the other camera and it worked fine, but that camera had such a crappy picture and got so hot I sent it back. (and it did it with any of 3 different brands of SD card I had)

FW 2014510 V1.0

Really sorry to hear that spotmom. A few others have experienced a problem similar to yours:-
Did anyone else have this problem? Yesterday my Mini 0803 froze on startup (stayed on the car welcome screen) and made a continuous sound. There was no way to force shut down itself (or I don't know how) and needed to unplug it and wait untill the battery was out of juice to be able to use it. It was fine afterward, but not sure what could had cause it and find it bad that I can't force it to shut down.
I had the same situation yesterday. I pushed the on/off button a long time, longer then normally to reset, and it shut down. Hope this will help.
Mine has only done the "lock-up and buzz" once and it happened when I slid the 0803 into it's mount with my car already running. The 0803 did not like that. I did the FW upgrade to the latest version and the 0803 has not done it since. However, I never insert the 0803 into its mount with the car running anymore.
@spotmom - The main thing to note is that this (intermittent) issue does not appear to be terminal. It might be that the Mini 0803 does not like being re-connected to a power supply when it thinks it's about to go through its shutdown sequence.o_O

I always take the microSD card out of the Mini 0803 and transfer the video files across to my Mac before trying to view them. I've only tried recording with 1080P so far, but the results have been pretty good in S Fine setting. The footage has been closely comparable with my Mobius B in Super Movie Quality setting, which I had running alongside.

What Make/Class/Size of microSD card(s) are you using? Did you buy your microSD card(s) from a reputable source?

I've stuck with my Kingston Class 4 32GB card (purchased from a Kingston.com website linked supplier) and had no issues whatsoever (to date). Knowing my luck I've probably just jinxed myself...:p

Last edited:
Request : please do not turn on the screen when turning off the key of the car.

Bug report: Mini 0803 GPS FW 2014510 V1.0 Freezes / Lock-up and buzz

I was doing side by side: 0803 vs 0801 vs Mobius B vs Panorama 2, 0803 set to 1080p everything was fine, but after I stopped for a second run and changed to 1296p, it feeszed up with that strange buzz nose.

Since then I was driving 0803 with 64Gb MicroSD for 2 days changing resolution between 1080p and 1296p and have not freezed up any more, but I am not sure for how long time.

First thoughts were because I was using 64Gb Samsung MicroSD ( Fat32 ), but I had running it for many days without any troubles and after I red that other people have same problem, then I sure can say there is a bug in FW and not because of 64Gb MicroSD.

I had to wait in total about 40-45 min till battery goes flat. After that worked fine ( for how long, - dont' know ?, - fingers crossed )

Below are few videos of this incident:

I've only had the issue once so far, I'll wait until I get it again (if ever) before making conclusions. I've bought this exact one: 32GB MicroSD Class 6 (being shipped from Canada)

I had this issue this morning.
I don't remember what I was doing at this moment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
David Pincus Mini 0803 193
Back