BUYER BEWARE: broken new camera + BAD customer service from gearbest.com

It's the way freight gets collated and sent, they go through an agent company and gets passed to another party before sending, I know its confusing but its just the way things happen, it was better before all the lithium battery restrictions came in

In some cases the cheaper shipping service selected / used, - the longer it gets tracking numbers processed into online system. On some occasions I have already received package from China and only few days later I was able to see it "has left country of origin". If using express courier / freight companies, then you are getting almost instant online updates, but their shipping charges may cost same as product. Verdict: you get what you pay.

Thanks Joker and Niko for the education.

I just bought something yesterday from a dude in perth ( Australia ) which is 5,000 km from my house ( Australia ) and a tracking number was issued immediately to him which I can track as well....... Indeed, we are the lucky country....... Sometimes ;)

Most 'cheap' tracked shipping from China is 'pallet' shipping - not the normal pallet shipping but basically this.

Company X will send something incredibly cheaply tracked to England. They'll pass it to their shipping agent who has a big pallet for tracked shipping to England. When that pallet reaches the correct size/weight they ship it which is why sometimes it can be a few days and sometimes a few weeks. Again - if you go for the cheapest expect the cheapest. @jokiin 's expression of 'only pay for what you are prepared' to lose just rings truer and truer with each case.

I find with a lot of Chinese sites they make a shipping label up and give you that tracking/shipping label, but it can take 2,3, sometimes a week before the package is sent to the shipping company. It's like when you order something here and it's sent via UPS, or Fedex, you get a tracking number but it may take a day or two before UPS/Fedex actually gets the package and the tracking number is active.

I was going to buy a HUD from gearbest.......... Would you suggest I get the same one here in Australia and pay a bit more...
That's what I do in almost all cases unless sourcing from China is the only alternative.

In some cases the cheaper shipping service selected / used, - the longer it gets tracking numbers processed into online system. On some occasions I have already received package from China and only few days later I was able to see it "has left country of origin". If using express courier / freight companies, then you are getting almost instant online updates, but their shipping charges may cost same as product. Verdict: you get what you pay.

I see what you mean but I don't think this scenario applies in my case here.
The reason is because my first original order was shipped using the same shipping service and the tracking number they gave me for that was very late in terms of updating the status of the package, which would be the same as your description. On the other hand, this latest tracking number they gave me for the replacement unit is saying "The shipment barcode was not found." even though it's the same shipping company which leads me to believe that the tracking number is invalid.

@j4son
More than likely that is correct or it could be sitting on a pallet somewhere waiting for it to go through the system. The barcode may not become active until the pallet is scanned as 'shipped' itself. But I'd probably bet with you - it's the wrong barcode.

Your a funny man Joker...... Oh wait, you not joking of course :D

I just cant fathom it takes a week to get a tracking number from who and who should supply it ?

I was going to buy a HUD from gearbest.......... Would you suggest I get the same one here in Australia and pay a bit more which I reckon I already know your answer....... Stupid question really :)
You can't but your thoughts don't change things, well they may change yours.
Those tracking systems is not like UPS, FedEx etc...
It DOES NOT GIVE point to point.
Those have few major hubs that update the shipment.
I've seen few of my shipments that didn't update anything until they came to US.

If you want same level of tracking as FedEx, UPS etc... pay more for DHL international expedited or wait, just use FedEx and UPS locally.

Looks like some complain so much that it looks like whining.
Oh, they sent me tracking.
Damn, I can't find the number in the tracking site even after one minute. OMG.
That means they are lying.
BLAH BLAH BLAH...

It has been shipped on 19th January. :)

We did not work on 16th and 17th.

Like @jokiin said:
It's common for tracking numbers to take week or more before they turn up in the system

Thanks for your understanding.

Hey Sunny....... I hear you and here is a current parcel update to me in transit over a 5,000 kilometer journey from Perth to Ballina.

***** Your parcel is currently in transit between our 'Perth' and 'Northern Rivers' depots. *****

I don't expect anything to be scanned or checked or whatever until it reaches the northern rivers depot in 7 days or so and Im in no hurry either.

Thanks Joker and Niko for the education.

I just bought something yesterday from a dude in perth ( Australia ) which is 5,000 km from my house ( Australia ) and a tracking number was issued immediately to him which I can track as well....... Indeed, we are the lucky country....... Sometimes ;)
Tracking works everywhere except China!

Tracking works everywhere except China!

tracking from China is quite complex as parcels are often handled by agents or sub agents and the tracking number can change throughout the process, it can often take a week or more to get the final tracking number back from the freight company so to the consumer it often looks like nothing is happening or it's MIA, doesn't change things but that's just the reality of the situation and one of the annoying parts of buying out of China I guess

Confusion!
Nope- just normal from sellers like this in China. You're paying "cheap" and that's what you'll get all round, including shipping, tracking, warranty service, and customer service :( If you want better then you'll have to shop elsewhere and pay more ;)

Phil

Back