C1 auto record when start "Dashcam use"

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Any one but me lost that feature ?
When i power on my car the cam start to charge, but it do not start recording.
I am using this CFG file:
datetime=2014:01:13 07:17:00
videostamp=KAMKAR1
datestamp=on
recordingindicator=on
poweronrecord=on
videosound=off
motiondetect=on
hz=50
continueshot=1
photosize=3m
gsensor=low
autopoweroff=none
saturation=normal
wb=normal
moviesize=1080p
selftime=off
ev=0
videocliplength=5min
tvmode=pal

I am using latest FW,but problem have been there for at least 2 FW revisions.

I have been trying to get it to Work for over a week, but it just wont start recording when i power up my car.
The cam sit on the end of a USB 2.0 extension cord, witch i have tried in 3 different 12 V to USB adapters.

yes when in the car and it have started to charge i just need to press the power on button for a second or less then it start recording, in the hand off USB cable it start recording as soon as it power up after a 3 second press on the power on button.

I have been discussing this with him, but the problem is still there.
He said he would try to replicate the issue, but i have not heard if he got the same issue or not.
Luckely my car is small and i can put Down my seat and stretch to manuall press the power on button, but its a annoying way to get started with recording.

poweronrecord=on
motiondetect=on
I'm not familiar with C1 but this seems to be a conflict. For me it doesn't make sense, it's either automatically recording, either motion triggered recording.

i have tried a lot of settings, allso motion detect off
even poweronrecord off, but then it just dont record if record button is not pressed.

If i recall right motiondetect= off mean the cam allso dont Automatic turn videos right side up, i have to keep that on as the cam is mounted up side Down in my rear window.

I had checked with guys, it is a bit stranger why that happens.
Maybe more detailed questions helps to figure the root.

If auto-starting works when press power button for 3 second without connect power supply?

I'm not familiar with C1 but this seems to be a conflict. For me it doesn't make sense, it's either automatically recording, either motion triggered recording.

Yes, a good findings,
Can also try to switch off motion detection off, and have a try? the default setting is off.

Yes the cam start recording when you press the power on button for 3 seconds, motion detection off is allso one thing i have tried.
i have allso tried with all default settings.
i would allso try out the oldre firmwares, but sadly i have fogotten to save them when i have updated them over the past weeks.
I can not remember if and when it stopped beeing able to start recording when it get power from USB, in the beginning i dident plan on using it in the car.
And i cant remember notising when it changed, but i am pretty sure when i first got the cam and plugged it into my computer to charge it, it started recording when i plugged it in.

Hi KamKar1, I think the reason was found after further checked with the guys.
You need below USB DashCam Cable to get auto recording when engine start.

There are two USB cables which had different pin connections.
  1. The USB Camera Charging Cable, 0.8m, only for camera charging
  2. The USB DashCam Cable, 2m, Support record when the camera is charging, and Support the camera auto-start/off when power detected
Now it is available on below link,
http://www.innovv.com/#!product/prd1/1568649565/usb-dashcam-cable

Aaaa that could be it :cool:
I Wonder if joovuu in the UK stock those, if not i will have to order one "from the factory" :)
It could be i remember wrong about the cam start to record when i plugget in into my computer the first time, i know for sure my memory is not somthing i am braggin about as it is quite selective and wierd.

i cant remember "all" the things i did last week, but i can remember a lot of stuff from kindergarden 40 years ago :rolleyes: go figure :D

i cant remember "all" the things i did last week, but i can remember a lot of stuff from kindergarden 40 years ago :rolleyes: go figure :D
And if you're like me, every song lyric you ever heard :D

To some degree yes, even music i really dont like.
I think it is due to most workplaces have 1 or more radios tuned into Danish radio P3 witch is the channel for the younger ppl, and maybe allso that i did play a Little myself when i was Young ( recrational jam sessions at the youth center )
The kind of music i like dont get airtime here in Little Denmark, and most of it is made decades ago.

I've ordered two cameras (direct from Innovv) for in-car use a C1 and C2. I will be most disappointed if the cable supplied does not work in-car. I have the Mobius that uses a min-USB and as a result I've purchased a 3m cable to fit into my car. If the C1 and C2 use proprietary configured cables, this will reduce the flexibility and desirability.

I would hate to plug in the wrong cable an damage my C1 and C2 - is this possible?

Can anyone ally my concerns?

ANDREW

I've ordered two cameras (direct from Innovv) for in-car use a C1 and C2. I will be most disappointed if the cable supplied does not work in-car. I have the Mobius that uses a min-USB and as a result I've purchased a 3m cable to fit into my car. If the C1 and C2 use proprietary configured cables, this will reduce the flexibility and desirability.

I would hate to plug in the wrong cable an damage my C1 and C2 - is this possible?

Can anyone ally my concerns?

ANDREW
The Mobius uses standard USB cables, the Innovv does not.
Sadly, if you want to keep your standard cable you'll have to make yourself a small adapter with a 5-pin female -> 8-pin proprietary male. I think it would be good practice if Innovv would supply a suitable adapter.
If you don't make your cables yourself, only buy them from Innovv. 8-pin USB cables bought from other sources will very likely destroy your C1/C2. Cables designed for the #26 and #18 will work, they are identical.

Last edited:
Oh my word! I'm no good at making cables - I used to be but eyesight now no good.

If Innovv have not sent my order (earlier this week) - I might just cancel. This is always a problem of being an early adopter of technology.

BTW, will it cause damage if a non-Innovv cable is used - or will it just not work?

ANDREW (UK)

If the C1 and C2 use proprietary configured cables, this will reduce the flexibility and desirability.

You won't be the last to discover this minor detail post purchase unfortunately.

Back