C1 auto record when start "Dashcam use"

I have been thinking a Little on this potencial swap of AV cable for dashcam cable, i am not quite sure the mutch longer dashcam cable can fit along the other Things in the Little box the camera come in. ( just somthing that hit me one night )
The 3M innov dashcam cable can be extended with any USB 2.0 extension cable, where it differ from the norm is in the end that go into the camera, the other end is a regular USB plug.
A regular USB extension cable ( male - female ) can be had for "peanuts" in every computer hardware shop, at least thats the case here in Denmark.
I think i payed 10 dollars for my 4 M extension cable.

Since this thread turns into Innovv cable interest..I don't think you can buy a 4 m cable..
dyi may be the answer..
what is the pin out of this cable?
like..
micro usb(8 pin) pin 1 connected to regular (5 pin) usb pin 1?

Since this thread turns into Innovv cable interest..I don't think you can buy a 4 m cable..
dyi may be the answer..
what is the pin out of this cable?
like..
micro usb(8 pin) pin 1 connected to regular (5 pin) usb pin 1?
You'll find the pinouts here. If you need a standard mini-USB 5-pin connection, then from the picture use the blue values but translate pin #4 = pin #5. Pin #4 on the standard 5-pin USB is normally not used.
As you'll notice, the proprietary Innovv connector has two different +5V connections depending on what you want to use the cable for. This makes the design unnecessarily confusing. If the camera had been designed properly it would not be necessary to have to use a different cable for recording (dashcam) and for USB (PC) usage. It remains a mystery why the developer opted for this solution.

Last edited:
Hi Isoprop,

I have to say, I never meet the person like you, So shame on that!
Regarding the mini-USB cables you should repeat again and again, it is already ten times.

It is the special cable, but it would be as you said, it will damage the camera?

As my posts (#235, #236)to you from below link,
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...-wdr-g-sensor-action-dash-camera.2829/page-12

Hi Isoprop,

Thank you for your attention on this special cables,
This is your 5 or 6 times you are talking about that, and I believe all people have heard you.

I think I had well explained to you and people why that happened, and you had been well understood as below,
But you mentioned again, I believe not only myself, people from here really doubt your intention.

Hi Isoprop,
Again, I fully understand you dislike Innovv,
You are not willing to see Innovv is going to be success.
You are worrying about that.

On other hand, You will never be our welcome customer.
You are not respected by Innovv team.

Below I'd like to share with people the other exchanges between you and Innovv.

As mentioned Respect is the base rule for discussion on the forum,
Loosing respect, and reputation is very shame, I believe you do not need my reminder.
If you still keep doing so, below exchanges will be replied to you.
You are not alone here, people will see your intention.

rc-dec-30-jpg.3067

rc-dec-30-1-jpg.3068

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Rock, you sound like someone with an adgenda, not Isoprop. People are allowed to express their opinions good or bad. No one is disrespecting you or Innovv here. Some don't like the choice of using a non standard cable, to others it does not matter. That is all. Wishing you best of luck as competition is always good for the end user.

Hey Rock, you sound like someone with an adgenda, not Isoprop. People are allowed to express their opinions good or bad. No one is disrespecting you or Innovv here. Some don't like the choice of using a non standard cable, to others it does not matter. That is all. Wishing you best of luck as competition is always good for the end user.

As I mentioned on the blog, Competition is so good that is driving people are doing hardly.

I believe you may agree with me,
That if you are the developer, and see someone warns people how bad the cables is 10 times, 100 times, that even you have been very honest and open explained, and still doing hard job for improving, can you understand he is fair? and can you respect his intention?

And do you think you will talk to people for this Mini-USB cables 10 times, 100 times?

Sorry, if I am angry. I just hope that it is fair.

Last edited:
As I mentioned on the blog, Competition is so good that is driving people are doing hardly.

I believe you may agree with me,
That if you are the developer, and see someone warns people how bad the cables is 10 times, 100 times, that even you have been very honest and open explained, and still doing hard job for improving, can you understand he is fair? and can you respect his intention?

And do you think you will talk to people for this Mini-USB cables 10 times, 100 times?

Sorry, if I am angry. I just hope that it is fair.
If, what you say is true and someone has warned people "10 times, 100 times" then there is only one reason: other people have asked "10 times, 100 times". And if they have asked "10 times, 100 times" there must be a good reason :confused:.
These threads are designed to help people and are a place where they can exchange information. They were not designed as a place where you can insult people just because they tell the truth and post the facts.
Most, if not all, my posts have been a direct reply to other people's questions. They are facts. If one of my posts is about how I feel about a product, then I clearly post IMO (In My Opinion) or similar.

Fact is that newcomers will keep stumbling across these threads. They won't bother to read the complete thread or other threads, but they will post a question which may have already been answered many times. Are you trying to tell us we shouldn't reply if you don't agree with the true answer? What are you trying to hide? People who have been following these threads will know about the design flaws, newcomers will not, and they deserve a truthful answer, IMO.

Just to put the record straight, unlike your recent posts, I have never insulted you in any way. I have always been fair and I have only posted the true facts. I expect you to do the same.

I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in knowing the reason why Innovv uses two different cables for recording and for connecting the camera as a USB external device. Since it can't have anything to do with the non-standard USB connector there must be another reason, after all, the #11 used a standard 5-pin USB socket but also required 2 different cables. Maybe you would be so kind and give us the reason?

Last edited:
I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in knowing the reason why Innovv uses two different cables for recording and for connecting the camera as a USB external device. Since it can't have anything to do with the non-standard USB connector there must be another reason, after all, the #11 used a standard 5-pin USB socket but also required 2 different cables. Maybe you would be so kind and give us the reason?

I am wondering you forget what you said below for my Explanation to people.
Did you forget?

Per your idea, do you think I need to make post everyday in Mobius thread to remind the newcomers below mobius problems?
Please give me the clear answer, do or not?
If yes, for sure, not 100 times, but 1000 times.
If not, please give me the reason.

The heating problem
The GPS interferance, and others

rc-dec-13-jpg.3062

I am wondering you forget what you said below for my Explanation to people.
Did you forget?

Per your idea, do you think I need to make post everyday in Mobius thread to remind the newcomers below mobius problems?
Please give me the clear answer, do or not?
If yes, for sure, not 100 times, but 1000 times.
If not, please give me the reason.
You are not reading my question. It's as simple as that! I am NOT asking about A/V cables (that's too obvious ;)) and I'm NOT asking about your non-standard 8-pin USB (I know that only too well).
I'm asking why does Innovv use two cables - one for charging and one for USB. This is a mystery and no answer has been posted. If I have missed it, please refer me to the correct posting. The two cables have nothing to do with your non-standard 8-pin USB because the #11 also used two different cables. As you know the #11 used a 5-pin standard USB plug.

I don't understand what Mobius has to do with your camera :confused:. I don't work for the Mobius team, and I, and others, answer the same questions in the respective threads over and over again - but the Mobius RC site is well organized so it's easier to refer people to the first 8 pages. In the dashcam forums there is no protocol, so newcomers can't refer to an 'index' page, so they keep asking the same questions over and over again. That is something you'll have to accept.
Discussing cameras that have nothing to do with the C1/C2 are totally off-topic here so I don't understand what you are getting at and the reason you post links which have no meaning whatsoever.

Is this answer clear enough for you?
Now, please answer the question I asked about using two different cables. It is obvious that this is a valid question and people have the right to know the answer.

I don't understand what Mobius has to do with your camera :confused:. I don't work for the Mobius team,

Is this answer clear enough for you?
Now, please answer the question I asked about using two different cables. It is obvious that this is a valid question and people have the right to know the answer.

You are smart enough than me, you should understand camera need to be charged often, the specified Charging cable avoid people to press button to stop recording for every charging.

I think you are so funny, you are telling people you are not working for Mobius team.
I am not sure what makes you are not brave enough to admit,
Can you tell me and people why you were so angry for my mention to Mobius below,
rc-dec-30-jpg.3067

@RockThinking I think I read somewhere you are now including each of the cables with the camera, is that correct?

Yes, I did, and now people will receive these cables free in packing box, the message is as below,

I would like to let people know that the free USB DashCam Cable will be included in packing box since now.
I hope people may understand we made mistake, and will happen in the next,
I also hope people can see I am learning from the mistakes, and improving.

Building the brand reputation and gain trust from people is not easy, I should admit,
But no doubt, Nothing can block me.

Always,
Think, Act, Improve

You are smart enough than me, you should understand camera need to be charged often, the specified Charging cable avoid people to press button to stop recording for every charging.

I think you are so funny, you are telling people you are not working for Mobius team.
I am not sure what makes you are not brave enough to admit,
Can you tell me and people why you were so angry for my mention to Mobius below,
  • That's a good explanation which doesn't need any further comment on my part.
  • If you think I work for the Mobius team, then you know more than I do:). I wrote the GUI and obviously have contact with their developer in order to receive advanced information for new settings etc. That's all. No more, no less. I would have thought that all regular readers know that. Maybe I was mistaken.
  • Why should I be angry when you mention the Mobius? I'm not. However, I don't expect someone in your position to post incorrect and fully unfounded and false information for no reason whatsoever. That certainly bothers me. If you keep to the facts, reply honestly to posts and don't try and shy away people when they post factual information that bothers you, then we won't have a problem.
  • If people ask for information, I'm afraid I'll continue to give them the correct answer, whether you like it or not. I will not let you censor these threads for your advertising purposes. As I've posted before, these threads are here to help people and give them the correct information.
  • I hope this thread doesn't turn into just another verbal battle. That will deem it useless and counter-productive.
  • And last, but not least, I do admire you for listening to users concerns over the last few days, and I believe you have acted correctly by including a full cable set.

ok, if it's included I'd suggest adding something to your signature that there are 3 cable types, all are included and spares are available from your website

if you don't spell it out like that we're going to get this constant waste of space where it constantly gets asked over and over

Now all three cables are in packing box to people free.

1. AV/TV out Cable
2. The USB Camera Charging Cable, 0.8m, only for camera charging
3. The USB DashCam Cable, 3m, Support record when the camera is charging, and Support the camera auto-start/off when power detected.

Last edited:
  • That's a good explanation which doesn't need any further comment on my part.
  • If you think I work for the Mobius team, then you know more than I do:). I wrote the GUI and obviously have contact with their developer in order to receive advanced information for new settings etc. That's all. No more, no less. I would have thought that all regular readers know that. Maybe I was mistaken.
  • Why should I be angry when you mention the Mobius? I'm not. However, I don't expect someone in your position to post incorrect and fully unfounded and false information for no reason whatsoever. That certainly bothers me. If you keep to the facts, reply honestly to posts and don't try and shy away people when they post factual information that bothers you, then we won't have a problem.
  • If people ask for information, I'm afraid I'll continue to give them the correct answer, whether you like it or not. I will not let you censor these threads for your advertising purposes. As I've posted before, these threads are here to help people and give them the correct information.
  • I hope this thread doesn't turn into just another verbal battle. That will deem it useless and counter-productive.
  • And last, but not least, I do admire you for listening to users concerns over the last few days, and I believe you have acted correctly by including a full cable set.

I would like to share with you below that the people sent me the messages after your post in such shot time, no matter if you do believe.

Even though I don't own a Mobius, I believe the c1 to be the superior product. I will admit that the rabid support for #16 and Mobius by Mr. Frank and isoprop made me suspicious. Early on, neither were clear about their affiliation with the developer.

I’m really sick of him mentioning every chance he can that your cables are special, he is just making trouble, he likes to smile at you like he’s helping while he puts a knife in your back

Last edited:
You're really trying to rub it in, aren't you! I love these types of anonymous quotes:rolleyes:. The problem is that some people understand how these cameras work while others only judge it from the outside. I could post a lot more about C1/C2 but I have the politeness not to do so, so please don't push me :). Turning back to your meaningless quote - don't you think the quote could equally apply to you? Think about it...
Posting these sorts of things is really trying to spark off a war of words, and I think most visitors will realize your intent.
You should also note that all my postings were replies to questions (how many times do I have to say that?) - so there's apparently a big demand for more information. My posts were all facts, they were not insults or false information or meaningless quotes.
I think we should really stop cluttering up this thread with this type of useless information, but in the interest of the group, I'll let you have the last word - if you think it's so necessary ;)

I, for one, has had enough of this. I would have thought that the Administrator would have intervened before now.

Back