C3 focus

f1racer98

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My C3 is out of focus. I have the C3 with a capacitor instead of a battery so I can't power it when I use the video out cable to connect to a TV.... so that means I can't see if it's in focus or not when I'm adjusting the lens. So how do I focus it? Can I use it as a webcam and focus?

I ended up putting in a battery from the Mobius camera and then was able to power it with the AV out cable to the TV. I then twisted the lens until it was in focus.

I haven't use the tv video function cables myself..but I thought there is regular usb plug for power..I'll check later of my cable.

no power usb connector...you have to cut open the mini usb rubber cover and solder a usb connector for power.
8 pin usb pin 1 is ground, pin8 is 5v..
the std usb pin 4 is ground pin 1 is 5v

Thanks but I didn't want to accidently ruin my only cable. I think a cable should be included that has power/mic/usb all in one. Like the Mobius cameras.

So anyways, my C3 was out of focus because a piece of plastic that was attaching the lens to the control board was popping out. I super-glued it to the board now so hopefully it won't come lose. There isn't much holding it to the board, just a few pegs, I think over time, this could break. After I twisted the lens in focus, it would go out of focus again, then when I opened it up again, I saw it coming off the board.

20150218_153207904_iOS.jpg

see if you can put small screws from the back side of circuit board..

Not much room for screws to attach to on the bottom of the lens barrel. It's too thin. My only hope is glue. If it doesn't work, I might have to buy another cable with the lens on it. Hope, I can buy it separately.

Not much room for screws to attach to on the bottom of the lens barrel. It's too thin. My only hope is glue. If it doesn't work, I might have to buy another cable with the lens on it. Hope, I can buy it separately.

You can buy another cable with the lens on it. The 90 degree lens costs $30 and the 120 degree lens costs $35 from innovv.com

btw..if you use superglue...your sensor might get cloudy from the fumes.. thus no sharp images.

You guys are right :( My sensor is ruined. It's all blurry. But I did buy a new lens cable so it'll come in a few weeks. Thanks anyways.

you might be able to get acetone to clean sensor..then rinse with alcohol...then di water...dry fast...
but you need to do it in a fume hood...acetone is bad.

you might be able to get acetone to clean sensor..then rinse with alcohol...then di water...dry fast...
but you need to do it in a fume hood...acetone is bad.
Acetone is aggressive on plastic but otherwise great for cleaning circuit boards and the like. If your work with polyester it is the stuff to clean up the mess. I don't think you should worry about the fumes so long you don't exaggerate. I wouldn't use distilled water, isopropyl alcohol is enough.

only if you have denatured ethanol...you can skip the de-ionized water..
ipa will leave white streak on surface...

Thanks but I didn't want to accidently ruin my only cable. I think a cable should be included that has power/mic/usb all in one. Like the Mobius cameras.

So anyways, my C3 was out of focus because a piece of plastic that was attaching the lens to the control board was popping out. I super-glued it to the board now so hopefully it won't come lose. There isn't much holding it to the board, just a few pegs, I think over time, this could break. After I twisted the lens in focus, it would go out of focus again, then when I opened it up again, I saw it coming off the board.

View attachment 11218

Hi there, please could somenone help me with C3 lense dismantle? I can not take out lens module for focusing it slightly moves circular but thats all.

Module went broken by rotating in the clip which is too tight. :(

So thank you for any advice.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/magenta-flash-issue.10796/page-3

Back