C3 Roof Mount

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
Well since I have tackled getting a camera as low as I can let's go in the other direction.
I decided to toss the lens up on the roof.

First as per my usual I got rid of the 3M dual sided stick. For anyone who cares it was labeled 3M and not some lower end stuff. It also came off very easily. I went dual lock so that I can remove it if need be.
geZS3FG.jpg

J0mGJ2u.jpg

Just in case anyone is curious yes the corresponding piece is now stuck on the roof of my car. It is clear so it doesn't look that bad. I don't mind doing it in the name of DashCam science.

nS7I78k.jpg

I glued the mount together so that it would not fly off or slide out while I was going down the road.

oYvL466.jpg

I ran the cable through my sun roof it seems to fit okay with no issue in the duct of the sunroof with it closed.

ZrcOQfI.jpg

2bHYqmr.jpg

7gJGNZq.jpg

I am hoping I can get a hold of another belt clip once is on my C4 and the other is on the C3 my brother has.

h4X5AQe.jpg

It was just run in the sunroof duct for this quick test this afternoon.

caUPrer.jpg

Same spot swiveled around.

Last edited:
These look very interesting. There's quite a difference when you don't have a windshield in front of a camera. I do wish there were an easier way to aim the C3 with a wiring harness like the Mobius.

Maybe when it gets a little warmer i'll take the T-Tops off of the Camaro and do the same thing but place it on the T-Bar

Last edited:
get a "shark fin antenna.. drill a hole to fit len bullet...
now you get a rear facing camera.

get a "shark fin antenna.. drill a hole to fit len bullet...
now you get a rear facing camera.
Not a bad idea. I have one on my car as is for XM. I never thought about adding a second

Good idea.
Have you thought to mount it at the centre of the roof ?

I have been looking into it. I don't want to drill holes in a brand new car or I would run it a little better. I'll try to get it set a little better with the sun roof at some point.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sunny C3 4
F C3 4
Back