Camera acting strange since 3-wire hookup

talon4x4

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I first got the camera it was too cold out to install the 3-wire and rear camera. So I used the front camera connected via USB for a couple months and it worked perfectly. The other day I finally got the 3-wire and rear camera all connected it up and the camera just isn't working like I'd expect. While driving I have the camera setup to record in 3min loops. I was looking back at my recordings from yesterday and I can see at random times it would switch to 1min loops for a bit and then switch back to 3min. It did this a couple times during the day.

Then in parking mode I have it set to 1fps. I'm assuming this means it would record continuously thru the night until the battery cutoff is reached? However, its recording at random times and was never continuously recording. Sometimes it records for 3 seconds @ 1fps, sometimes it records for slightly longer and then sometimes it records a 1min loop at regular speed.

I'm currently using the stock firmware that shipped with it which is v1.3

Disable motion detection

I'm pretty sure that was disabled. The only reason I say that is because I accidentally clicked that option when scrolling thru and it told me it couldn't be enabled with parking mode turned on. I could be wrong though.

I upgraded the firmware though, thanks for pointing that out

you will find out then, upgrading firmware means redoing settings.

Well, it must have been the old firmware. After upgrading it, everything is working perfectly. thanks @TvCristi

Must be running V1.5 AND power the camera directly, not through the mount.

When I first got the camera it was too cold out to install the 3-wire and rear camera. So I used the front camera connected via USB for a couple months and it worked perfectly. The other day I finally got the 3-wire and rear camera all connected it up and the camera just isn't working like I'd expect. While driving I have the camera setup to record in 3min loops. I was looking back at my recordings from yesterday and I can see at random times it would switch to 1min loops for a bit and then switch back to 3min. It did this a couple times during the day.

Then in parking mode I have it set to 1fps. I'm assuming this means it would record continuously thru the night until the battery cutoff is reached? However, its recording at random times and was never continuously recording. Sometimes it records for 3 seconds @ 1fps, sometimes it records for slightly longer and then sometimes it records a 1min loop at regular speed.

I'm currently using the stock firmware that shipped with it which is v1.3

1. Are you using the 1.5 Firmware? If not, go to Viofo.com, download the new firmware, and update it.

2. 1 FPS is nonsense. Set to Low Bitrate Parking mode. 1 FPS = 1 Frame per second. Mean you are going to miss a LOT OF an event, or even the entire event, if something happens. Low Bitrate parking mode reduces bitrate to 4 Mbps and records live video. Just in a lesser quality.

1. Are you using the 1.5 Firmware? If not, go to Viofo.com, download the new firmware, and update it.

2. 1 FPS is nonsense. Set to Low Bitrate Parking mode. 1 FPS = 1 Frame per second. Mean you are going to miss a LOT OF an event, or even the entire event, if something happens. Low Bitrate parking mode reduces bitrate to 4 Mbps and records live video. Just in a lesser quality.

I am now upgraded to v1.5. The previous version of the firmware didn't have a low bitrate parking mode. That's why I went with the 1fps. Since the upgrade I now have the low bitrate option which I have switched over to.

I am now upgraded to v1.5. The previous version of the firmware didn't have a low bitrate parking mode. That's why I went with the 1fps. Since the upgrade I now have the low bitrate option which I have switched over to.

Sounds good. Glad everything is working properly now.

Back