GPS module is on even when camera is powered off

cjay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My GPS module is always powered on even when the camera is off. This is causing a parasitic power drain that is preventing the car from carrying out a battery soc test as part of its battery monitoring process. Is there any way to switch off the GPS when the camera is off to allow this calibration to take place.

My GPS module is always powered on even when the camera is off. This is causing a parasitic power drain that is preventing the car from carrying out a battery soc test as part of its battery monitoring process. Is there any way to switch off the GPS when the camera is off to allow this calibration to take place.

How do you turn off the dashcam?

Push the button on the dash cam for a couple of seconds. The dash cam then powers down but the GPS mount stays on and generates enough heat to stop ice forming on that section of the windscreen. The mount only powers down when battery voltage dips below 12.4v.

Push the button on the dash cam for a couple of seconds. The dash cam then powers down but the GPS mount stays on and generates enough heat to stop ice forming on that section of the windscreen. The mount only powers down when battery voltage dips below 12.4v.

Do you have the power lead plugged in to the camera or the gps module?
If it's the latter try plugging it into the dashcam.
The only other solution I can suggest is to unplug the cable or place a switch in to cut the usb power off.

Back