Camera not starting

boag

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've noticed that maybe one time out of ten when I start the car the camera does not come on. Typically happens when I am making multiple stops while doing errands. I unplug the unit and replug and it works fine.

Has anyone else experienced this with their camera?

no I haven't tried this since I typically don't catch it till I'm moving. It's easier for me to reach the plug than the unit.

it happened again today and I pulled over and pressed the on button and it came on. So yes it can be restarted by the off/on button.

no it's not using the hardwire connection. It's the std cigarette plug.

also I switch it between cars(and it happens in both cars) so it's probably not the 12 outlet.

having same problem and is happeneing more frequently. id like to know if camera is about to go deadand its not that old.

leaving a gas station last night and almost got hit. Looked at the unit and it was blank, I hit the on switch and it came on - ergo it didn't work when I needed it.

it appears from the comment above that the camera has issues when being shut down, interperting the comment I believe it is a hardware issue in that the system does not allow full shutdown.

im using the hard wire kit and it is installed correctly. thats my problem .what i do every time i get in and start my car i check the cameras lights thats how i know its not turning on.using the cigarette lighter will turn power off when you turn off car and when you start it, it should get power then.some lighter sockets only work with the ignition on. hope this helps

I'm starting to think that it's due to short duration stops. From what Kevin said above the capacitor doesn't completely discharge so there's an issue with it restarting. Just a hunch though.

Back