Camera shutdown after firmware upgrade

daniel1988

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

So I have read several threads on here but cant seem to fully understand whats going on. Today was the first day I used my new 0806. It worked fine all day, it was a very hot day, but everything seemed fine.

When I came home, I downloaded the latest firmware from mini0806. Flashing finished successful.

However, now the camera only stays on for about 30 seconds and then shuts off completely. Sometimes with shutdown sound, sometimes without. I can turn it back on afterwards, but the same happens over and over.

I've read on here that these are signs of a bad battery, but everything was working fine before the update. I tried the 4 latest firmwares as well as 20150320. Same result with all of them.

Whats going on?

In the car through the GPS mount, inside using a ANKER powerbank, and I also tried a USB wall charger. It does behaves the same when I dont have it plugged in anywhere. Battery shows about 80% full.

Ok thanks. I will try find one, found the right dimensions on another thread. Any brand recommendations?

Back