Can’t connect to WiFi

Jc0187

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I just got my B1W. I downloaded the app and it initially connected to my iPhone but dropped connection immediately. Now, I cannot find the WiFi SSDI in my WiFi settings. I have disabled cellular network, disabled all other WiFi connections and nothing. Any suggestions before I return this thing?

Last edited:
I managed to connect but oh boy it’s hit or miss. Is this what to be expecting with this camera?

try put the phone in airplane mode and turn wifi back on and then see if you can connect ok
It worked! I’m kinda bummed if this is how I’ll need to connect every time.

I just want/need it to connect reliably. That’s one thing that is an absolute must.

I have zero problems connecting to the 4 of my B1W's
However, I'm on Android.

I turn off data, connect to the B1W's wifi and use the app
never any problems

Maybe Apple, does something slightly different. Turning on Airplane mode, then wifi back on isn't really anymore steps than what I have to do

It worked! I’m kinda bummed if this is how I’ll need to connect every time.
For some Android phone models (like Google and SAMSUNG), if the mobile data(LTE) and Wi-Fi are enabled at the same time, the phone will switch to mobile data mode automatically since the B1W Wi-Fi SSID cannot access to the internet. This will break the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the smartphone.

For some Android phone models (like Google and SAMSUNG), if the mobile data(LTE) and Wi-Fi are enabled at the same time, the phone will switch to mobile data mode automatically since the B1W Wi-Fi SSID cannot access to the internet. This will break the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the smartphone.

yes, but he's using an iPhone
are there any tricks for those?

Now, I cannot find the WiFi SSDI in my WiFi settings.
Reset the camera with your computer!
Please download this tool here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WcMO4W664dvM--CxoY0QMjMfmph3pBcG

Also, please load this BIN file from this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SY9W1kx7jMn7pFl1MZGEfpVfz-a32Mlh/view

And then you can load it in this way: No need insert a memory card into camera unit, please note!
1) Keep pressing this button on the dashcam when plugging into laptop USB socket.
2)Open this tool and select this "load bin file" section and load this bin file which lists in the second link.
3)Click this "start update"

does it connect reliably when you use the airplane mode method?
It’s a wonky connection. Sometimes it says “failure connection” and when I leave the app, my phone completely drops that WiFi connection. At that point I need to toggle cellular off and disconnect/reconnect WiFi and it’ll pop back up. I’m going to continue testing it this weekend and if by Monday I’m still seeing these anomalies, I’ll just exchange it through Amazon. Dang! My Transcend DrivePro started doing this as well. The first two years the app worked fairly flawlessly and then suddenly it stopped connecting. Perhaps it’s my phone? I’ll try another!

Reset the camera with your computer!
Please download this tool here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WcMO4W664dvM--CxoY0QMjMfmph3pBcG

Also, please load this BIN file from this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SY9W1kx7jMn7pFl1MZGEfpVfz-a32Mlh/view

And then you can load it in this way: No need insert a memory card into camera unit, please note!
1) Keep pressing this button on the dashcam when plugging into laptop USB socket.
2)Open this tool and select this "load bin file" section and load this bin file which lists in the second link.
3)Click this "start update"
Ok. I’ve had on and off luck getting it connected to the app. It’s a bit of a pain. I’m going to try my daughters iPhone and see if it is just my phone failing to see the ssid.

Following due to having the same issues, Samsung Galaxy Tab A and Samsung S7.

There is an APP crash log file, please PM me for inspection, thanks!

I was missing the step going into my wifi setting and selecting the B1W to connect to first, and then opening the dash cam app. Guess I better do this a few times to remember the steps.
The app does connect to the new replacement as well as one of my old cams. I haven't checked the 3rd but I assume it does connect.

I have just installed my BW1 and after all the reviews I was so looking forward to using this but it has been so frustrating getting it up and going.
I have an Samsung 10 and it will not connect unless I manually find the camera every time I get in the car so does it record or no?
Surely it should just connect like Bluetooth and record. Mine is hardwired and not using the yellow ACC wire, don’t know why it is supplied as it is just confusing. Anyway, all comments would be appreciated but this is my first dash cam so go easy. Cheers
Lapps

Back