Can’t connect to WiFi

Connection was a bit hit and miss before lockdown but, just starting back at work, I decided to check on the 3 cams we have to make sure the time and date are OK and I'm having zero luck.
When trying to connect my phone to the B1w network, I get an authentication error.
I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be doing with those files @estore009 posted earlier. I click on those links and stuff happens but nothing works - first link I get tool.rar, which leads to other files, I've clicked on everything but nothing. The second link downloads something - which I get the option to open with...? I've tried selecting each option but nothing's working.

I'm so glad that my original Mobius cams still work in my car, I can't be doing with all this messing about trying to get cams to work.

I'm so glad that my original Mobius cams still work in my car, I can't be doing with all this messing about trying to get cams to work.
If you want to reset its WiFi password, you can download the WiFi reset firmware to your memory card, and then power it on...

If you want to reset its WiFi password, you can download the WiFi reset firmware to your memory card, and then power it on...

Tried again today & managed to connect, albeit briefly, so managed to set the time and date. Tried to watch some of the old clips but a few seconds in & the connection dropped. Played around with it for a while then gave up. It says it found the SD card then says "recording started", I get the green flashing light so that will have to suffice. Next time, I'll just pop out the card to view the clips.

Reset the camera with your computer!
Please download this tool here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WcMO4W664dvM--CxoY0QMjMfmph3pBcG

Also, please load this BIN file from this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SY9W1kx7jMn7pFl1MZGEfpVfz-a32Mlh/view

And then you can load it in this way: No need insert a memory card into camera unit, please note!
1) Keep pressing this button on the dashcam when plugging into laptop USB socket.
2)Open this tool and select this "load bin file" section and load this bin file which lists in the second link.
3)Click this "start update"
Can't connect to laptop or pc.

Change a USB cable and Keep pressing the "Lock" button when plug it into the USB socket!

My thanks to the great efforts members have written. Pity I was late seeing it all.

I wish I had looked at the info on the problems hooking up the App BW1- CAR

I am 75 years of age and have put the app onto my Samsung s9 phone. I bought the cam a few days ago in Australia, with a 64 gb card. I had no idea you had to reformat the card with an Gui app. I downloaded the suggested app, and offcourse the simplicity advertised, when all you get is the “card is being used by other programs” …Ok that’s for later. I get it. But when a man buys a card with the chosen cam, In the one purchase, why don’t they be honest enough to sell a cad that simply is fixed to go right in???? To much trouble???

I formatted a 32 gb card and the cam recognizes it and works.

Off course you don’t find about the pitfall of getting a 64 gb cad till you download the manual. Or read it in the supplied postage stamp sized manual you get.

But no way can you access the cam from a computer to set up desired settings. And the phone is a dead loss. The app disappears. Simple stuff like “5 minute clips or resolution”…so necessary, can’t be done without this darn app working.

I installed the app on the phone and it just fails to connect to the Camera… This is the most frustrating piece of crap I have ever installed.

Yep I am too stupid…..no doubt.

But my grandkid's are 25 and are computer whizzes, and they can’t do it either. I still have 3 out of the 4 older Blueskysea cams years old, but I reckon this one is going back or binned.

If you look at the simple problems due to phones, apps, etc. it doesn’t take a genius to know this thing is not compatible worldwide. It is absolutely the most un-intuitive thing I have ever tried to install.

I have the info on the tools app posted here, and the reset, but I recon it will fail And then I won’t have a hope, warranty wise. I don’t believe all the complainers on here are as silly as I seem to be.

I reckon I’ll pay up and get a reliable unit.

I installed the app on the phone and it just fails to connect to the Camera… This is the most frustrating piece of crap I have ever installed.
Open location permission to the app when installing the app!
Dash cam WiFi cannot access the internet, it cuts off dash cam WiFi connection automatically and switches back to phone mobile data!
You can remove dash cam WiFi SSID in your phone WiFi setting and input password 1234567890 to re-do WiFi connection with your phone if failed to connect.

Open location permission to the app when installing the app!
Dash cam WiFi cannot access the internet, it cuts off dash cam WiFi connection automatically and switches back to phone mobile data!
You can remove dash cam WiFi SSID in your phone WiFi setting and input password 1234567890 to re-do WiFi connection with your phone if failed to connect.
Thanks Estore 009.
I am going today to a computer tech who builds computers, my son who has been away. Just On what I told him over the phone he strongly suggested that I simply return this camera.
My concerns are that with to the many complaints and directions. They are at odds in a simplistic 8 page written manual. I get the apple android differences etc. But whatever happened to plug and play...
And the manufacturer saying it is a simple installation. The android system has been around long enough that manufactures have to diversify their programs to get around the differing builds.

Bemoaning the design of the systems is not the answer...Getting the camera to work on a popular phone like Samsung or apple is a fundamental in the selling game.

For example how good is Blueskysea in Australia for not making it easy to format a 64Ggb card. They use it as a feature to sell, and many take it up. Thinking its about plug and play...
You then learn that you need an aftermarket program to very simply format the card. An aftermarket app that in fact has its own problems and performing dysfunctions.

And we get advice to reinstall a root directory onto that card wack it into the camera...to reset the camera....Then reformat the card.... a camera that you cannot access by the way. Most likley voiding any warranty.

I know this thing can be got going. I know I am no hotshot at this stuff. But I reckon I am the sort of folk that thinks that like every other cam I have bought over 15 years this thing will work and install easily.

For example how good is Blueskysea in Australia for not making it easy to format a 64Ggb card
Format a 64Gb card in the app menu directly after WiFi connection with your phone!

Format a 64Gb card in the app menu directly after WiFi connection with your phone!
Thank you for your helpfull reply's; they are much appreciated.
I formatted the card with the GUI program. The thing was that it either did not automatically show the card as a file in the list of choices with in the Gui program. It did after inserting the 64 Gb card a few times. Then it kept sasying the "card is in use" simply for selecting it. Ok got that isolated and then it did format the card.
Non of these things are noted in the Gui app info or any Frequently asked Questions on the Gui site or any where. Its all left up to the unsuspecting purchaser who is supposed to know all these tricks.

The thing is in windows you right click a 32 gb card, press format ...jobs done simple.No bull dust it just works.
Not so the Gui app. Pity they cant do the larger cards in windows...Probably because most manufactures didn't see the need for larger cards in cameras in the first place.

I get the vagaries of inventing and manufacturing...I don't get the simplistic lack of info.

Any way My son got it working. After many comments Like "Whats it Doing?"... and unmentionable statements. :)
The other day I installed a front door bell videocam. On my own... It worked immediately. Sends me info on my phone. Tells me if any one approaches. Everything. All done in twenty minuts. No traps to avoid.

Back