Can a normal 12v car battery handle 4 hours of parking mode?

turtle225

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I want to hardwire my Lukas 7200 cam to the fusebox so that it records I guess "motion detection" while the car is parked. Supposedly the continuous power cable detects when the car battery is at a low voltage threshhold and shuts down the camera.

Assuming the auto shut-off cable did not work, can an average car battery keep a dashcam running in this "engine off" mode for 4 hours?

Yeah add alternator state and the weather to the list as well and what types of journeys you do.

Mine was lasting three days when it was warmer and since winter kicked in and temps dropped it sometimes lasts five hours or so of recording.

If you only do short journeys you won't be charging the battery right up so that's something else to bear in mind.

the max i can record on the 128 gb cards i use is about 18 hours.

i use the pano x2. i keep the screen on 24/7, the led bling lamp on and i have had my ride sit for close to 3 days without starting and when started the engine turned over with ease.

as others have stated, depends on a LOT of factors, so my results may not match up to yours.

I want your 5.8 litre job over here mate!

Back