can some one help please.

petepete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when selling on ebay and some one makes an offer...

for example...

selling for £30 plus £5 postage fixed price.

received offer of £20 and a little information icon "postage not included"

does this mean if I accept the £20 offer I am also responsible for postage ?

or

does it mean I accept the £20 and they pay £20 plus the postage ?

when selling on ebay and some one makes an offer...

for example...

selling for £30 plus £5 postage fixed price.

received offer of £20 and a little information icon "postage not included"

does this mean if I accept the £20 offer I am also responsible for postage ?

or

does it mean I accept the £20 and they pay £20 plus the postage ?

You can send him a counter-offer, where you adjust his 20£ ( free postage ) to 20£ + postage.

Thanks ,

that's really helpful and I realise I ve now "dropped a cod" and had one put over on me.. :oops:

Thanks ,

that's really helpful and I realise I ve now "dropped a cod" and had one put over on me.. :oops:

No problem.

P.S., - what is the meaning of "dropped a cod" in particular situation ? I am still learning English slang :)

its a polite way of saying " I dropped a b+llock " ------------- made a mistake !

good luck with uk slang.. it changes all the time !

Offer of 20, postage not included means the offer is for item's price only and postage will be paid by buyer on top of offer price.

Offer of 20, postage not included means the offer is for item's price only and postage will be paid by buyer on top of offer price.

that's what I thought,

but on a previous sale I accepted the offer assuming that and when I printed the label and checked paypal I had been deducted postage and only received the payment for the item.

I now think you have to send a counter offer of the price with postage included to get it.

that's what I thought,

but on a previous sale I accepted the offer assuming that and when I printed the label and checked paypal I had been deducted postage and only received the payment for the item.

I now think you have to send a counter offer of the price with postage included to get it.
You don't have to but it's a good thing to confirm before accepting.

Postage not included means, it's not part of the offer.
When you go to ebay listing and try to send a best offer, you don't even get to select shipping options at all so that's completely separate.
Buyer should add comment if he is expecting free shipping.

Back