Can the Mobius hardwire kit be used for a119 v3?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was thinking of upgrading my original Mobius to the v3 and wanted to know if the hardwire kit I had installed will also work for the v3.

I am using the mini USB version of this kit: Spy Tec - Dash Cam Hardwire Fuse Kit, Black https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00S73FE8A
Will it work successfully?

I don't see why not.

I'm using my old Nextbase 2 wire mini USB kit and it works perfectly.

What's the output voltage, my Nextbase is 2A

This was a good power supply for the Mobius but as I recall it only produced about 1500 mAh of current so it may be too under-powered for the A119 V3. The device also has a thinner AWG gauge cable than the V3 requires and that too could be an issue. You could try it and see how things go but it may cause a flickering screen and other issues like a pulsing buzzing noise in the audio. I think in the end you will need a more suitable power source for the V3.

This was a good power supply for the Mobius but as I recall it only produced about 1500 mAh of current so it may be too under-powered for the A119 V3. The device also has a thinner AWG gauge cable than the V3 requires and that too could be an issue. You could try it and see how things go but it may cause a flickering screen and other issues like a pulsing buzzing noise in the audio. I think in the end you will need a more suitable power source for the V3.

I hope it works--would rather avoid having to pay someone to install the hardwire kit for me. I recall it was around $50-75 and that was back in 2014 or so! If I end up having to hardwire the kit, then I might as well get the mini2 instead of the v3 since part of the reason going with the v3 was that both the mobius and v3 use mini usb connectors so I wouldn't need to worry about any adapters.

I don't see why not.

I'm using my old Nextbase 2 wire mini USB kit and it works perfectly.

What's the output voltage, my Nextbase is 2A
I hope you are right! I will get the v3 on sale when it goes back down in price (seems to do this almost monthly) and check it out.

I was thinking of upgrading my original Mobius to the v3 and wanted to know if the hardwire kit I had installed will also work for the v3.

I am using the mini USB version of this kit: Spy Tec - Dash Cam Hardwire Fuse Kit, Black https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00S73FE8A
We noticed that your kit is equipped with micro USB:1686554938349.pngBut our A119V3 needs mini USB like this: 1686554999729.png. So your kit may cannot be used with V3. It is better to buy a HK3 hardwire kit together with the camera.

This unit seems to be a two wire ( Power or Accessery-Power + Ground ) type unit.
If you connect the Red-Wire of this unit to the “Accessary Power” then the unit will turn-on & shutdown with the key-on. If you connect the Red-Wire to the “Power-line” (always on) then the unit will be always on. There is no Parking-Monitoring; for that you need a three wire type unit.

You will lose all that Bufferd-Parking-Monitoring features of A119v3 which can be very handy one day.
For that it is better to use a three-wire type power supply.

As Viofo spotted, the referred to hardwire kit has a micro usb connector and not a mini usb connector so can't be used anyway.

As Viofo spotted, the referred to hardwire kit has a micro usb connector and not a mini usb connector so can't be used anyway.

The OP was asking about powering a V3 which uses a Mini B USB like the Mobius. The Amazon link seems to have a mistake in it as it says both Mini-B and micro. If the OP already has one of those power supplies from Spy Tec that he has been using all along for a Mobius then it would indeed be a Mini-B, same as the V3.

Last edited:
This unit seems to be a two wire ( Power or Accessery-Power + Ground ) type unit.
If you connect the Red-Wire of this unit to the “Accessary Power” then the unit will turn-on & shutdown with the key-on. If you connect the Red-Wire to the “Power-line” (always on) then the unit will be always on. There is no Parking-Monitoring; for that you need a three wire type unit.

You will lose all that Bufferd-Parking-Monitoring features of A119v3 which can be very handy one day.
For that it is better to use a three-wire type power supply.
With constant power and parking mode enabled, the V3 will enter parking mode after 5 minutes without movement.
The camera will switch back to normal mode when the driving speed exceeds 8 km/h (GPS detection speed).

Last edited:
With constant power and parking mode enabled, the V3 will enter parking mode after 5 minutes without movement.
The camera will switch back to normal mode when the driving speed exceeds 8 km/h (GPS detection speed).
Does that mean that it's going to be draining the car battery improperly? The only reason I want to use the mobius is hardware kit is because I already have it installed and don't want to go to a shop to pay them to take that one out

Does that mean that it's going to be draining the car battery improperly?

The unit switchers it self off when the car battery is 11.6V; so you will not drain the battery completely.

Most of these units function the same, some comes with a switch for you to select the cut-off voltage.

some argue that 11.6 is too low to cut-off; then almost all modern vehicles switches off the Alternator to drain the battery sometimes to 11.8 then recharges the battery. All this is done in the name of conservation of whatever, at the end of the day Lead-Acid battery dies prematurely.

Back to the topic, VIOFO Hardwire unit can select the cut-off voltage; four position switch - 11.8v / 12v/ 12.2v/ 12.4v

The uni you refer has fixed cut-off voltage of 11.6

I own both types (VIOFO & similar generic models to Spy-Tec) and have used them with a Voltmeter attached hence have seen above.

Screen Shot 2023-06-26 at 2.48.05 PM.png

Does that mean that it's going to be draining the car battery improperly? The only reason I want to use the mobius is hardware kit is because I already have it installed and don't want to go to a shop to pay them to take that one out
I haven't used Möbius, so I can't give a hint. I just explained to you how the parking mode works without NK4.

Does that mean that it's going to be draining the car battery improperly?

Depends on what type of Lead-Acid battery battery you use and to whom who speak.

For Flooded-Lead-Acid battery, 11.6 is about 8%
For Sealed-Lead-Acid battery, 11.6 is is nearly 0%

11.8V seems the safest lowest.

Then again, Lead-Acid batteries should not be regularly discharged bellow 25% (again, depends to whom who speak)

Check this link too : Lead Acid Battery Voltage Charts

Back