Can you ID this sensor/chip?

DrekiTech

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A129
I was given this camera for review. It's called the Autovox D2. It looks like a G1w, in a bit nicer body, but it films in AVI and the video is pretty awful. I was interested to see what's inside so I pulled it open, but I have no idea how to identify the image sensor or chip that powers the camera. Searching for the numbers found on the chips yielded no results.

Anyone here got any ideas? Sorry for the poor quality of my macro lens, it's just one of those smartphone lens adapter thingies and the sensor is only a couple MM across (TINY!)

Edit: this was resolved, it's definitely a GeneralPlus chip as it says in MediaInfo and the seller confirmed. I'm still not sure what the sensor is, though.

20160928_211422_HDR.jpg 20160928_210707_HDR.jpg 20160928_213841.jpg 20160928_213758.jpg 

Last edited:
If it records in AVI it's likely that it is using the inferior chipset. (Generalplus I believe?)

Looked up that camera on ebay and most people are saying it's supposed to record in MOV files...

It may use Generalplus, not the Novatek veresion.
For this price with 16GB free card, user can not expect much for video quality.

Auto-VOX is good at Amazon marketing and selling.

Well I'm going to leave them an honest review. Which they're probably going to be not too happy about.

Thanks for the replies everyone!
Can you share some footage here?
I didn't find any video review on youtube.

Can you share some footage here?
I didn't find any video review on youtube.

I'm away from home at the moment so I don't have video on hand, but I submitted this image to Reddit which compares this cam (left) with a different AR0330/Novatek cam that I was testing at the same time (right). Link to image.

Back