[Canada] Civic runs red, sloppy turn, lane changes into me. HOOONK!

M---

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A118C
Well, starts changing lanes. At least one of us was paying attention. It's not everyday I jam on the brakes hard enough to screech the tires. No collision, but sure got my heart beating!

Narrative:
I was first at the light. Cross-traffic gets the red, mine goes green. Awesome, I'm the first car! And it's dry out! I can stomp the throttle!!! Ah, ****, a red-light runner, gonna slow me--- no, he changed into the wrong lane! Awesome I can still go full-throttle! Oh ****, oh ****, he doesn't realize I caught up and he's changing lanes without looking!!!

On the other hand, the first part of my commute home today was a lot of fun. I hit a maddening number of lights, but it was all OK because I was the first car, over and over again, and it was dry, so I got to hit the throttle hard, over and over.

If anybody's interested, here's today's commute, sped up 15x. Does anybody else have to deal with this many uncoordinated red lights? I think I counted 26 red lights that I had to stop for. And only 26 green lights that I was able to cruise through (most of them being pedestrian-controlled lights). That's a pathetic ratio. But, sadly, I think it's better than usual. At 1:25, yes, that's a parking lot that I short-cut through. The sign says "no thru road," but it's a lie! It sure as hell does go through. Just has some speedbumps to slow you down. But cuts a few minutes (several red traffic lights) out of my commute.

Back