[Canada] Ottawa taxi driver threatens Uber driver and passengers

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
The ongoing Taxi vs Uber battle continues...........

That's how you save a dying industry. Make everybody hate you? I don't see why taxi companies don't have their own slick app. There are a few out there, but it's nothing like Uber. I hate when a taxi gives you the evil eye for asking to pay with a credit card too. (love Uber/Lyft)

French taxi drivers protested by attacking and burning Uber driver's cars. The French government responded by...wait for it...cracking down on Uber drivers. (Money in Politics)

Ill just ask my neighbor to drive me in his horse buggy, thats how old fashioned i am :D

I cant believe the taxa companies have not come up with their own APP long ago, and so they have to go the way of the do do bird and blockbuster.

Here you can allso risk waiting a long time for a cab, and since i allso have intimate knowlege of that branch of work i can tell there allways have been a lot of shady things going on in the taxa business.

If you can not compete on regular terms in the marked place, well then your business dont deserve to exist, and under normal conditions that's also what will happen.
Extraordinary conditions being tax funded "companies" or services were money is no option and so they will be riddled with incompetence and bad managment.

Some do. (Have an APP)

What is not fair is the taxi companies are held to different standards, regulation, and insurance.

Not that 'professional' taxi drivers are worth a damn, I'm not much happier having a guy who used to deliver pizzas at night drive me around, either.

What is not fair is the taxi companies are held to different standards, regulation, and insurance.
They get preferential treatment in return. E.g. exclusive rights to pick up random people off the street without bookings.
The fact that new technology makes that advantage less valuable sucks for them, but that's just the way it is.
Legally enforced monopolies are rarely in the public interest. They should be grateful for what they've got or get out of the game, not act like thugs.

I doubt Uber drivers want to be flagged down by people in the street.

Back