Cannot See License Plate Numbers

DarwinsFlinch

Reaction score
Country
United States
Day or night, unless I am almost still and/or the car is directly in front of me, the tags are generally unreadable. Windshield is clean and the overall picture quality seems very clear otherwise. Is there setting(s) I should fiddle with to correct it?

Rick

--edit to add--
Just saw the thread regarding this same issue from cameraonbic.. if it will help, I can do the testing you'd like.

Last edited:
@DarwinsFlinch - show the video (preferably the original), we'll see

Cannot upload in MOV format. Is there a site we can use?

Youtube, Vimeo.

RAW file - mega.nz, dropbox, google drive etc..

--edit to add--
Just saw the thread regarding this same issue from cameraonbic.. if it will help, I can do the testing you'd like.

Is this with or without a CPL? I just messaged you some special testing you can perform.

I'm in Hong Kong and downloading now, but have to rush off to the trade show so might not get to view this until later today.

You would benefit from a CPL. The glare from your dash is blurring the images and making it hard to read license plates.

Don't see any problem. Night, day look good. Day have some screen reflections.

The illusive plate, and how to "shoot" it.

This have been a issue since Cecil B. Demille.

It do not take much for the little buggers to remain unseen, even the forgivable Danish plates just zoom past me and i swear i can hear them taunt me :confused:

It is like Nelson Muntz with the doppler effect as they pass by,,,,,, hhhhHA - Hhhhha :mad:

Just took a look at of of the 3 files in that link, and it dont look bad, but yeah the dashbord refelctions is making the sensor work extra hard.

Would like to see some daytime footage where you have the sun behind you and so less reflections of the dashbord, im sure it will be better then.

In the one clip its almost possible to make out the plate on that oncoming Suzuki car.

Back