Can't connect to camera wifi (error 6)

fallen888

Reaction score
Country
United States
I used to not have this issue, but all of a sudden for a couple of weeks now I haven't been able to connect to the camera wifi. I hit the button, camera says "Wifi on", and the Android app finds the wifi hotspot name. But once I select it and enter the password, the camera says "Error six" and the Android app fails to connect after a few more seconds.

I thought maybe the password was wrong and I simple forgot what it was. I tried resetting the password using the BlackVue.exe Windows app on the micro SD card, but that didn't help. Every attempt to connect to the camera wifi results in an "error six" response.

The camera records just fine - I can view the video files via the Desktop app.

I did replace the microSD card a month or two ago (upgraded from 16 GB to 32 GB), but still, the camera has been recording just fine. Just haven't been able to connect to wifi.. now that I think about it, I haven't been able to connect probably since switch SD cards. However, after switching back to the old one, I still get the same error 6 response.

I've been googling around and can't for the life of me find a list of error codes and what error 6 could mean.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Back