Can't install unbricking drivers

ChpStcksRlz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Please help, I was just trying to update my mini 0801's firmware and it suddenly wouldn't start up. I've already cannibalized so many cables since many are missing pin 5, so I just took a SCE cable and just soldered line 4 and 5 directly on the usb board. The red light comes on just fine

My problem is when I try to install the drivers. It tells me

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64 (I've tried it on x86 too)- based systems"

I'm using the software that came from the mini 0801 pack, but I'm stuck at this hurdle

I got the software installed. But the device still shows up as unknown device. I can't get a green light from the software at all. On a side note, after my computer says the device is not functioning properly the red light on the camera shuts off

You either have a problem with your cable or the driver has Not been installed correctly. The LED should turn blue in canera off mode

When my computer recognizes the device incompatible, the red light on the camera turns off. I'm sure the cable is working fine as the red light comes on as soon as I plug it onto the computer. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, but I get the same result. After I install the drivers what's supposed to show up in the device manager?

I get the Ambarella, under the libusb on device manager, but the unknown device still appears in the USB controllers

Then its probably the cable.

Hmm, I guess I can try shooting solder on another cable, hopefully that works. I'll call it a day for now, thanks for your help

Good news, my computers were just both being babies, with enough tries the cable I modded worked just fine. Thanks for your input tobi@as. I do suggest maybe adding the legacy devices bit on the FAQ though.

Never mind, glad it worked :D

Back