Carcam GS5000 DVR

The X10 camera is quite different the GS5000 (GS1000 blue menu). It is a 720p camera so it is not running the Ambarella A2 processor. It also doesn't have GPS. Likely a Novatek processor. Thus the firmware would be completely different to allow recording from 2 channels and being able to switch the screen to view either channel . The X10 also has an AV IN connection while the GS5000 has an AV OUT connection. The eBay link incorrectly shows the X10 with an AV OUT connection, when in fact it looks like the image below.

X10 AV IN
www.dashcamtalk.com_cams_gs5000_X10_20AV_20IN.jpg

GS5000 AV OUT
www.dashcamtalk.com_cams_gs5000_GS_205000_20AV_20OUT.jpg

Dash Cam Man

Thanks DashCamMan you are amazing. keep posting

Hi,

I have a GS5000 but I can't get the software work. The camera is ok, and I can watch the videos in any media player, so this part is fine. But there might be some problem with the software.
FIrst I tried the one on the CD, didn't work
So I downloaded the one mentionned here in this forum. Doesn't work either. Doesn't even start. I always get a message of some missing serial number or so.
Any idea, how I can solve this and get the program work? Oh, I have win7 64 bit. (I actually trien on my laptop with XP as well without any success)
Thx for help.

Hi LCBamako,

You can try using the GS5000 software listed on our main site. A copy of the CD is there in addition to the Datakam player. Registrator Viewer is another option. If those don't work, try installing the K-lite codec pack as well.

Dash Cam Man

I liked very much this forum! So, will share some information on my GS5000.
Received a Carcam GS5000 from aliexpress (U$91.49 at Christopher 's store).
Firmware: 2.0.4 G2kb
- Sometimes it turns of when I´m touching the up/down buttons.
- The automatic on/off video recording function works only with original cigarette lighter power supplied (i will test...)
- Cant install original HD player. Datakam Player worked very well!! Tested Registrator Viewer but its poor and didnt display gps data.

Will post some pictures of the options screens and retail box. Can serve someone!
Regards!

Screen:
[thumbnail]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KJf7vlQ0MYs/UNOTJ1dG6LI/AAAAAAAACEU/3uLSP2tdNv8/s1600/IMG_7383.JPG[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IQ6z3dMtZZQ/UNOTEznKqZI/AAAAAAAACEE/KdXuMCvMDiU/s1600/IMG_7381.JPG[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NknFY6HHhPk/UNOTCdIfNtI/AAAAAAAACD8/hURuvm2G6sk/s1600/IMG_7380.JPG[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IQZOUyXuF-E/UNOTHc0jCQI/AAAAAAAACEM/F6LM2p3L_fk/s1600/IMG_7382.JPG[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w8I9jdR4YlE/UNOTMRRdx9I/AAAAAAAACEc/ssVJKL2YNOE/s1600/IMG_7384.JPG[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-44LM1uX8pNY/UNOTO6GyltI/AAAAAAAACEk/q1Hm5oPha58/s1600/IMG_7385.JPG[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RBSPIrsLjcc/UNOTk-iTqvI/AAAAAAAACFE/EJU1z4369bw/s320/IMG_7389.JPG[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MEUe43an6XM/UNOVMZar-4I/AAAAAAAACFY/47fpQHKy1_M/s1600/IMG_7386.JPG[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HwAInGMNhXw/UNOVo8EgDwI/AAAAAAAACFo/sOm_KzM9nRQ/s1600/IMG_7387.JPG[/thumbnail]

Thanks for the information and pictures edgardm. How do you like the way the camera performs?

Hello,
am new to this forum, and I found it by googling the GS5000, which I've purchased from ebay a couple days ago.
First, thanks for the information about the DataKam Player, I also were having trouble with the original software which didn't install due to some error, and the registrator Viewer didn't display G-sensor information. With that sorted I went out for a test run.

Issues:
There is no 'Altitude' info showing up in the DataKam viewer, i don't know if it is a problem with the software, or if the cameras gps isn't storing that information...
'Hissing' noise - as mentioned earlier in the thread.
Night video recording quality ( even at 1080p ) is horrible.
The LED's in the front don't seem to be doing anything, its activated in the menu to "ON"

The menu is blue, haven't noted the firmware version, but will write it later in here.
Is there any new firmware that can address some of the issues mentioned?

Hi nunobkk,

A new firmware won't help. That is how the camera performs.

ive checked the firmware on this one, its "v2.0.4 H2KB"

a new and improved firmware sure helps with what i described, for example, with better settings, fx. higher ISO for the low-light recordings - it will add noise, but thats just a compromise that is acceptable. ive contacted the seller. I'll write back if something new happens.

I am thinking of buying the GS5000

There seems to be a few fake ones out there - how do I tell?

Looked on Ebay and everywhere but cant find a make - what make is it?

Cant find out if it comes with a 1 year warrantee - anyone any idea?

I am new to all this so If you can help, would be most grateful

pete :D

peterx666 said:

Hi Pete, Welcome to this forum. Straight to the point i wont recommend GS5000 as there are advanced models and series within GSXXXXX. Wait for DashCamMan to suggest you latest models which has good reviews.

pkraj said:
peterx666 said:

Hi Pete, Welcome to this forum. Straight to the point i wont recommend GS5000 as there are advanced models and series within GSXXXXX. Wait for DashCamMan to suggest you latest models which has good reviews.

Thanks for your reply....
Now I really am confused - spent ages looking at videos on Youtube to come up with the quality video, features and good price of the gs5000 ........ now you are saying its obsolete?

Help

pete

peterx666 said:
Now I really am confused - spent ages looking at videos on Youtube to come up with the quality video, features and good price of the gs5000 ........ now you are saying its obsolete?

Help

pete

YouTube videos can be very misleading as they re-encode the video and screw with the quality, you may have decided against some other cam that performs much better than you think, raw footage from the cam is the only way to know for sure though

peterx666 said:
pkraj said:
peterx666 said:

Help

pete

No matter when you buy within a month or two there will be a newer model out. You can always be waiting.
Their are hundreds of gs9000 models and only a very few that work well. Cheap nasty copies are what many are getting stung on including myself.

By the time you've found the right gs9000 there will be a newer one out that is better again and it will take weeks or months before you find the right one again.
I think if you've found a good gs5000 you may as well buy it.

I'm taking the plunge for the sixth time in as many months to get a good car cam that works well in the day as well as the night.
I think I've found it and ordered myself one. When I get it I'll do as others do and review and upload to youtube.

G'day users, I bought Carcam GS5000, but I know nothing about computers. The default language is Russian, and it gives me a menu to select English, but then tells me it cannot write to the programe. All assistance would be gratefully received.

Aegis

aegis said:
G'day users, I bought Carcam GS5000, but I know nothing about computers. The default language is Russian, and it gives me a menu to select English, but then tells me it cannot write to the programe. All assistance would be gratefully received.

Aegis
Hi welcome to this forum. To start with can you upload your GS5000 cam pics pls. Just to rule out fake cams. Pls browse more in this forum for additional info. regarding this cam. Can you explain a bit more about the problems you are experiencing with menus pls.

Welcome

The Novatek GS 1000 or GS 5000 was replaced by a Ambarella camerára. This already has GPS and also Ambarella CPU and H.264 codec. However, the video is very choppy 1920 × 1080 resolution.
It is possible that because of the six year old Toshiba laptop with a 1.66-MHz dual core processor and integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 200M video card?
During video playback, CPU usage 85-98%. If I could kissebbre the resolution (1280 x 720) might lose a chopper.
Anyway I purchased here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281110217215? ... 1497.l2649

Could there be a firmware that is not miles / hour, but km / h in showing the speed? Here in Hungary we use metric system.
The current firmware: V2.0.6 G2KB A

Hello!

Here again. GS 5000 was broken cigarette lighter charging cable and play. I'd buy such a cable, but I tried not to start the camera, but the PC menu puts it. (storage, charge, one), so I can not use because it is quickly depleted and can not be charged while driving.
Plug in car charger is compatible with what device? (PDA, Phone, GPS, etc ...)

I have a 1000 GS Novatek, but the charger is not working in the GS-5000.

If a common USB cable puts in msc mode then it's likely the other type which is wired the same as a Garmin GPS power cable

Back