Carcam GS5000 DVR

pkraj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings to all.
I would like to start a post for sharing softwares and related info for the GS5000 dvr. I wish to upload the CD content which was delivered to me. some of the users couldnt read the CD. so will be of use to them.

We will be building a GS5000 detailed FAQ shortly. If you would like share the CD, please upload to a site like 4Shared, Rapidshare, 2shared. We can host it on this site as well.

Thank You
Dash Cam Man

Thanks for the sharing the link. It appears to be encrypted. Is there a password to open?

Sory i forgot to mention the pw.
the pw is GS5000dvr

I'm really looking forward to the GS5000 detailed FAQ. Any progress on this?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a GS5000 from that big auction site - I hope it's early enough in their lifecycle that I don't wind up with a knockoff.

We started doing more research on the GS5000 and there is not too much information available regarding this camera. Preliminary reviews indicate this is quite similar to the GS1000 blue menu.

Interesting. I'd assumed it would be an improvement over the gs1000, but it sounds like that may be naive?

In that case, you'd recommend an orange-menu gs1000 over the gs5000?

The GS1000 is a well known camera and the orange menu is your best bet. The GS5000 doesn't have as much information on it yet so it is difficult to say if it is any different, better or worse. One person has claimed it comes with firmware v2.03MG1KB. Not exactly the same firmware as the GS1000 blue menu but very similar.

The most popular GS5000 on Aliexpress has only sold approx 50 units in the last 6 months. Given the $100 price tag, I would make an educated guess that it is a rebadged "blue menu" GS1000.

Perhaps pkraj could offer a brief review of the camera and what firmware it came with?

dctguy, whatever you choose, please keep us updated. Share a review and any interesting info regarding the camera.

Good luck with your purchase.

Dash Cam Man

my GS5000 dashcam came with FW v2.04GIKB.Its a blue display screen. daytime video is good but the night time one is satisfactory. 140 degree wide angle shoot can be achieved only with 720p resolution (fish eye type). i am experiencing GPS coordinate errors. theres no adjustment for GPS settings and hence you cant get it aacurate. the first few recordings (512MB) show the GPS route on the map but the rest doesnt show it on the HD player.Although you can see the coordinates displayed beneath the map you cant actually see the live map running. most of the time the gps will show some where out of the road map. may be its only me experiencing this kind of problems,know idea!!!. even the 4x digital magnification cant be done with my cam. i am waiting for others to share their experience about this cam.

Thanks for the details pkraj. The camera has the same firmware as the GS1000 blue menu and also has a blue menu! I am becoming convinced that the GS5000 is just another name for the GS1000 blue menu dvr.

The wide angle shoot at 720p is typical not only for the GS5000 / GS1000 but all Ambarella A2 cameras. It is just the way the sensor is built.

Many others have complained about poor GPS functionality in the blue menu GS1000 (takes a long time to catch a satellite, inaccurate data). I haven't seen any fixes other than not placing the dash cam too close to metal parts (i.e. place it lower on the windshield) to better catch satellites.

Thanks once again pkraj...If I come across any fixes for your issues, I will post. Hopefully others can post experiences as well.

Dash Cam Man

In case any of our readers are wondering how this camera looks, some pics are below.

Carcam%20GS5000%201.jpg

Carcam%20GS5000%202.jpg

Carcam%20GS5000%203.jpg

Carcam%20GS5000%204.jpg

Carcam%20GS5000%205.

www.dashcamtalk.com_cams_gs5000_Carcam_20GS5000_206.jpg

Carcam%20GS5000%206.jpg

Carcam%20GS5000%208.jpg

Carcam%20GS5000%207.jpg

I wound up ordering this orange menu GS1000 based on its inclusion in the FAQ here, and also based on the photo showing its firmware version.

Now I settle in for the long wait for delivery :)

Thanks DashCamMan, i would love to get the fix for my dashcam problems. thanks for the suggestions. will wait and see others inputs.

I have found the way to use the 4x digital zoom. Its done only with 720P resolution video shoot. Theres one thing i forgot to mention before in my brief review. theres a whirring noise heared on the background when playing the recorded videos. If you want to hear that pls watch Trippflix's GS5000 cam video shoot on youtube.

dctguy said:
I wound up ordering this orange menu GS1000 based on its inclusion in the FAQ here, and also based on the photo showing its firmware version.

Now I settle in for the long wait for delivery :)

Sounds great dctguy. Please provide a review on the camera when you receive it. The more information we get on these cameras and the vendors, the easier it will be to buy good cameras in the future. Good luck with the purchase!

Dash Cam Man

pkraj said:
I have found the way to use the 4x digital zoom. Its done only with 720P resolution video shoot. Theres one thing i forgot to mention before in my brief review. theres a whirring noise heared on the background when playing the recorded videos. If you want to hear that pls watch Trippflix's GS5000 cam video shoot on youtube.

Excellent advice on the 4x zoom. The whirring noise isn't too bad but like many of these Chinese dash cams it is probably due to a poor microphone. Some people have replaced the microphone to improve noise quality. But listening to the video you mentioned (embedded below), it doesn't appear to be too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the deal with all of the accessory lighting on the front of cars in the video?

at 0:45
3 at 0:51 seconds
at 1:22
at 1:36
at 3:32

You live in a neighborhood full of rally car drivers or something?

dctguy said:
What's the deal with all of the accessory lighting on the front of cars in the video?

at 0:45
3 at 0:51 seconds
at 1:22
at 1:36
at 3:32

You live in a neighborhood full of rally car drivers or something?

Haha...not sure where the video is from (video is from TrippyFlix on youtube). Looks like somewhere in Europe.

Back