Card Absent

dp of Sutton

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 0801 has performed OK for 2 years but I have now the message "Card Absent" superimposed on the screen and the camera will not record. The card was OK the previous day and all the data recorded thereon is accessible on my computer. I have reset to default settings but still no go.

Any ideas anybody?

how is the battery?

Many thanks for your response jokiin.

The battery has never been able to last more than about 30seconds-but once connected to the car power supply, the charge indicator shows that it is charging and soon indicates full charge. When disconnected from the car power supply, the camera will not (and never has) switch on.

As stated, it has performed perfectly until a couple of days ago. It will turn on as normal when I turn on the ignition but will not go into 'record' mode and displays 'CARD ABSENT'.

I have cleaned the SD card contacts and used 'Electrical cleaner/lubricant' on the card socket tabs and checked that the card is inserted properly - it can only be either in or out.
Do SD cards expire without giving some sort of warning beforehand? All the recorded data is still on it and can be viewed on the computer - seems to me to be a camera malfunction.

the SD card can certainly fail, the cameras can get very erratic once the battery gives in also

Thanks jokiin.
I have looked again at the last few 1 minute recordings on the computer and notice that there is some colour degredation in each of these compared with earlier sections.

I guess 2 years on a battery that was suspect at the start is not too bad. Looking at other threads on this website makes me feel lucky to have lasted this long.

Have just ordered a 0805 from a UK supplier.

I may have a go at replacing the battery if I can locate a suitable one - I would not think this would cost much and would, if successful, give me a rear view camera!!!

Thanks for your help.

Back