cd300x newbie

@billknow is this something that firmware would help with or is this a return to FoxOffer problem? I'm guessing it may be the latter from reading in between the lines on the CDV300.

I think @markseven solved his problem. It was put down to using an underpowered USB power supply.

Also, one should check that their micro SD card is up to the task - check for bad blocks and make sure its class 10. There is software to do this, I use rufus: https://rufus.akeo.ie/.

Well, a quick update. I have been running the camera for a couple of weeks and so far no issues or problems in the playback. Lots of varied trips long and short. Quality is good and with the mount to the windscreen it doesn't get affected by bumpy roads as the stick on mounted jobs appear to. Frankly the noises it makes turning on and off pass me by as my car makes all sort of "bings and bongs" when I start her up and power down.

I'll continue checking occasionally but I am hoping this is a fit and forget job. I have powered this from a usb adapter in the power socket and this is connected to the power socket in the mount for ease of removal when wanting to view files. GPS seems to acquire the link quickly and provide decent data. I do like the fact you can just use the video/sound file in the event of needing to share anything. I haven't tried changing the firmware, I am not sure of the procedure it all looks a tad complicated to me.
I'll continue to update with my experiences as I clock up the miles.
Cheers
Glyn

Back