CDV300 Series Firmware

Hello Everyone,

I am just joining this thread. I recently bought a CDV300F, which appears to be a mainland Chinese variant (I currently live in China). The differences between X and F are that F does not have GPS, yet is does still have SuperHD. It also has a dual MicroSD slot.

My question is, what can I do to modify the firmware on the F model. Will applying the same principles as the X model completely F up my F model?

I would like to remove boot up and shut-down sounds. Do you know how I would do that on the CDV300F model?

Also, how can I check what bitrate mine is recording at? I've seen issues where stock firmware records at 10mbps but others go up to 27mbps. How can I determine what bitrate mine records at?

If it helps, I'm on firmware v.0.3.7

Yay for multiple noobie questions. I generally become a useful member of a community pretty quickly, tearing down things and tinkering for other's benefit, so I hope to work with you all.

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Piers

Also, how can I check what bitrate mine is recording at? I've seen issues where stock firmware records at 10mbps but others go up to 27mbps. How can I determine what bitrate mine records at?

record something and check the result, right click and check file properties if you're a Windows user

Thanks for the welcome, @Gabacho . I checked a recording and the bitrate is 13MB/s (Data rate = 13,722kbps, Total bitrate = 13,797). That's pretty depressing, and I can actually see it in the videos. They don't look amazingly clear. I mean, it's enough to prove you weren't in the wrong, and you can identify number plates within 15 meters away, but beyond that you couldn't really identify plates....

So, is it possible to use the CVD300X firmware on the CDV300F? I'd assume not, because it has different features (dual sim, no GPS), right?

Any other options? Are there any other ways to improve the recording quality?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.4 KB · Views: 4
higher bitrate will improve the quality and detail, you're still unlikely to catch plates from further away, don't think there's much concern about catching them further out that than that anyway

no dual card version was out previously so unlikely those other firmwares will work for yours, you could edit the bitrate yourself if you're keen, they don't show any noticeable improvement above about 25mbit, you could find that card switching could become problematic at higher bitrates though, something to keep in mind

Interesting! How would I go about editing the bitrate myself?

Will this camera be back? This is the perfect form factor for a dashcam and I'd really love to have one

Hi all,

I managed to brick my 300S by updating with wrong firmware (300X version).
Could you please help me where to get an ELF version of the firmware for S version so I could flash it using DirectUSB tool in recovery mode?
Is it possible to obtain it from a non-bricked device (using the DirectUSB tool)?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hello Everyone :)
I'm new here, I have TCL CDV300S and dissapointed its poor video quality started looking for solution. I tried upgrade fimware for higher bitrate, but upgrading process lasts for over hour and I devided to breake it, beeing sure that camera hungs.
And doing this I probably bricked the camera, I can't turn it on. Is there any solution for fixing it?
I have backup or my firmware v 0.4.8 made by autoexec.ash.
Thanks for any ideas!

Back