Cellink Neo Question

springerview

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've installed a Cellink Neo to power my Viofo A229 in my 2022 BMW M340xi. It's fuse-tap-connected to F273 in the trunk that will power off after 7 minutes. I understand that the battery charges when the car is turned on (power from the fuse) and that the battery powers the camera when the car is turned off (for parking mode), but when the car is turned on, does the camera get power from the Cellink battery or from the fuse (car battery)?

It should be betting power from the Cellink battery.

Sounds like a clever setup — but why use another battery for parking mode? Unless you were hoping to run the cam in drive mode while the car is off… If installed properly with a parking mode kit, when your car is on the dashcam should draw power from the car, when the car is off the kit recognizes the change in voltage and switches to the secondary power source — however, parking mode kits are designed to recognize a Secondary power source as “always on low voltage”, so how your third-party back-up battery is set to function could influence that.

Sounds like a clever setup — but why use another battery for parking mode? Unless you were hoping to run the cam in drive mode while the car is off… If installed properly with a parking mode kit, when your car is on the dashcam should draw power from the car, when the car is off the kit recognizes the change in voltage and switches to the secondary power source — however, parking mode kits are designed to recognize a Secondary power source as “always on low voltage”, so how your third-party back-up battery is set to function could influence that.
I think you misunderstood my post. It's a pretty straightforward question and a very typical setup. I am not using "another battery for parking mode". There is only one backup battery. You wrote:

"If installed properly with a parking mode kit, when your car is on the dashcam should draw power from the car, when the car is off the kit recognizes the change in voltage and switches to the secondary power source ..."

Since my setup is indeed proper, the above answers my question. One way I can know for sure is to turn the Cellink off while the car is running. If the dashcam is still powered I'll have a definitive answer to my question. I'll post back when I've had a chance to test this.

One way I can know for sure is to turn the Cellink off while the car is running. If the dashcam is still powered I'll have a definitive answer to my question. I'll post back when I've had a chance to test this.
Actually, this doesn't work because when the Cellink is powered off it's nor feeding power from any source to the camera.

Back